Author Topic: Favorite Swim Shad colors ?  (Read 344 times)

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
Favorite Swim Shad colors ?
« on: 06/10/17 09:20 UTC »
What are some of your favorite colors that you guys use for this bait ? Be it bass , walleyes or whatever gamefish. Recipes would be great but I am more interested in what colors single and or two tone you use most/prefer. Thanks.

Online Mike J

• Lunker
Re: Favorite Swim Shad colors ?
« Reply #1 on: 06/10/17 11:02 UTC »
As you know I fish a lot of swim shads.  Lately I've been fishing. Ore natural colors than anything. Oyster shell and pro blue are a must.  Also a go to for me is a darker purple with black flake or electric blue. 

Online Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 06/10/17 11:13 UTC »
If I had to pick 3 it would be, motor oil w/gold & black flake, black, watermelon green w/red & black flake.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 06/10/17 12:50 UTC »
Watermelon green with red, motor oil gold and black, purple Canadian blue and silver halo,  smoke pearl with silver halo, pearl white with red and silver halo, flo green chartreuse with lime green and cooper. These are my primary color and they are all transparent.

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 06/10/17 22:01 UTC »
I had no idea you liked Swim Shads Mike. LOL

Oyster Shell and a version of Pro Blue with lots of .040 Silver Halo glitter were my go to baits this spring. Electric Blue with a white tail was really good too. I need to mess around more with Watermelon  and Motor Oil.

Online Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 06/11/17 07:25 UTC »
Motor oil w/gold and black flake, e-cored with solid black tail has been the #1 color in swin shad and twister tail grubs this season for us. Crappie, bass, and large bluegill. Even bullheads (lol), should have taken a picture!

Online Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 06/23/17 05:26 UTC »
I fish a lot of clear lakes and I like a lower body of clear plastic with just glitter. Silver or gold or chartruse. The upper body will be the same colors as most of the guys listed above. The only solid colors I use are Mo Milk, Oystershell and snot (Chart with copper, green glitter)