Author Topic: 45 degree jighead  (Read 428 times)

Offline John.staudt

• Minnow
45 degree jighead
« on: 06/17/17 11:43 UTC »
New user here. Looking for anyone who could mold 1/16 or 1/32 oz roundhead jigs like the old fle-fly heads. Dont know if this is the correct place to post this. Also, if anyone knows where i could buy them that would suffice as well.

Thanks!!

John

Online Mike J

• Lunker
Re: 45 degree jighead
« Reply #1 on: 06/17/17 18:49 UTC »
Welcome John.  I'm not  sure what head your looking for, but some of these guys here are mold collectors so I'm sure someone here will be able to help you out.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 06/17/17 21:01 UTC »
As Mike J says, someone will surely be able to give you some help. Welcome aboard John!

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 06/17/17 23:47 UTC »
John welcome are you talking about a shad dart jig it had a angled front. The flie fly I have seen have a round head.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 06/18/17 09:04 UTC »
Welcome to the do-It forums John.

45 degree bend hooks might be tough to find. A person could carefully bend a few to fit the need  if using light wire hooks, 570's or similar but the mold would have to be altered to take them...just lay the re-bent hooks in the cavities, close the mold and hand-hold tightly, then give a few hammer taps on the side of the mold while lying flat, then just clean out the new eye pockets and mold away. Not hard to do and going back to 90 degree hooks will leave only a slight amount of flash to trim where the 45 degree eye is found.