Author Topic: SHHHHHHHHH  (Read 6537 times)

Offline Do-it Rep

• Lunker
SHHHHHHHHH
« on: 07/05/17 13:15 UTC »
PartyCrasher helped us size up our blade game.  Finally perfected and ready for its debut at ICAST.....The PartyCrasher....Coming to a fish's mouth near you this October.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
Re: SHHHHHHHHH
« Reply #1 on: 07/05/17 16:14 UTC »
That sweet can't wait to get that one.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 07/05/17 16:44 UTC »
Now your talking!! In time for late fall fishing.

Offline Apdriver

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 07/05/17 17:58 UTC »
Sweet bait. I'd say you have " expert advisement"  ;)

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 07/06/17 15:27 UTC »
Congrats Marc!

Offline brandx112679

• Kicker
« Reply #5 on: 07/09/17 20:56 UTC »

What are the weights on these?

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 08/01/17 21:24 UTC »

I was able to coax a couple 5/8 ouncers away from Marc for a trip to Lake Superior and have managed to throw them n more than a couple occasions. I like them. The Lake Trout like them....if only BIG Lake Trout had been around. 3 pounders hammer these like its the only thing to eat.

I didn't get a chance to jig these in the deep water but casting them and retrieving them with a moderate speed was what the fish hit. Man, do these have action fished in this fashion. I've been using mono line and can feel the action start up at the end of a 150 foot cast to 90 feet of water letting the bait drop to the bottom first.

For the sake of blade size comparison the standard blade bait at the top is done on the 1/2 blank. Like the top bait, the big honker likes to swim best using the center hole attached using only a snap, no swivel. If a person were to vertically jig this bait I'd suggest a high quality ball-bearing snap swivel because the baits cover some serious ground jigged straight up.

This bait takes blades to a whole new level. This fall will ee them in the river attempting to tease a wall-hanger type of ole marble-eyes into hitting. For the southern Striper guys I think this bait will be a huge success.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline brownbasshunter

• Minnow
« Reply #7 on: 08/12/17 10:36 UTC »
very good looking new blade bait. Cant wait to get my hands on the mold. looks like eagle claw featherlight Teflon hooks on the new custom painted blade bait? what size hooks will work best on the new baits?

Offline andrewlamberson

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 08/12/17 17:59 UTC »
How do you E-core that thing?.....
 :o
" You can't buy happiness...But you can buy fishing gear...and that's kind of the same thing"

Offline Partycrasher

• Kicker
« Reply #9 on: 08/15/17 09:14 UTC »
I'm pretty excited too.  Normally I start fishing the bigger blades in July, but on my last trip the fish were all still relatively shallow.  But now through the end of November will be prime time for the big blades.  We are a few weeks away from the Lake Michigan Kings trickling in and the big blades will be a prime bait for that too. 

I think a lot of people are going to like this size blade.

Thanks Do-It!!!

Marc

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 08/15/17 09:18 UTC »
I want to try them for deep jigging the walleye lakes this winter. We usually catch a lot of small walleyes on the 1/2 oz. bait. I'm thinking this may catch bigger ones.

Offline Denny Welch

• Lunker
    • Believe Baits
« Reply #11 on: 08/15/17 09:45 UTC »
I've never fished these.  Any idea how they may do on bass????
Until next time.

Denny

denny@believebaits.com
www.believebaits.com

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #12 on: 08/15/17 13:22 UTC »
I've never fished these.  Any idea how they may do on bass????

No good when fishing brush piles.

Offline andrewlamberson

• Lunker
« Reply #13 on: 08/15/17 16:01 UTC »
I catch a lot of smallmouth on blade baits (and walleye, sauger, catfish, largemouth, crappie and BIG yellow perch).

The smaller sizes in white or gray are very effective on largemouth bass when they are feeding on shad in the fall (when they are in the big bait balls).

I normally use the Double Hooks (vs. treble) with the hook points facing backward when I'm fishing them on the bottom where they can snag on trees and debris. With the baits "nose down" attack and the hooks facing backward they seldom hang up. I don't seem to miss fish using the double hooks vs the treble. I put them on without a split ring (they are split so you can insert the point into the hook/split ring hole.

https://www.barlowstackle.com/Mustad-7825-NI-Double-Hooks-P506.aspx

Here is a link to an article about using them in wood and snipping off the front hook off a treble

http://scout.com/outdoors/bass-fishing/Article/Blade-Bait-Basics-105345874

Andy

« Last Edit: 08/15/17 18:03 UTC by andrewlamberson »
" You can't buy happiness...But you can buy fishing gear...and that's kind of the same thing"

Offline Partycrasher

• Kicker
« Reply #14 on: 08/16/17 15:01 UTC »
Very good article, Andrew.  Thanks for sharing that.