Author Topic: UV enhancement  (Read 1446 times)

Offline Steve J

• Kicker
UV enhancement
« on: 07/19/17 01:47 UTC »
How much UV powder should be added, to be effective, to 1 quart of plastic?

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Re: UV enhancement
« Reply #1 on: 07/19/17 07:00 UTC »
My 4 ounce batches of plastic get a small dose of the uv, by small meaning a tiny pile about 1/4 the size of a common b-b. Uv powder is strong stuff and you can "blue" colors pretty darned easy with the stuff. My clear glitter colors will show the trademark "blue or purplish" hue when in shaded sunlight easily with that small dose. Every color I make gets the same amount of the uv enhancer so I know they too will show up to fish.

I would never humor the idea of treating a full quart of plastic because once its in there the only way to deal with an over-dose is by adding more raw plastic and then you lose dosing control. If this helps to bring to light how little of the stuff you need to add, I just opened my second jar of the enhancer this summer. The first jar was gotten when it first came out and I have no idea how many 5 gallon pails and 2 1/2 gallon boxes of plastic this jar treated, but I also sent samples of the product out to people from the first jar. So the old saying "a little goes a long way" rings true with this stuff and its way easier to control the amount going into the plastic in small batches.
« Last Edit: 07/19/17 07:02 UTC by ctom »
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast