Author Topic: Stuffed green pepper's  (Read 1057 times)

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
Stuffed green pepper's
« on: 08/06/17 20:15 UTC »

Took some to my mom and it was a hit with her  I only make it once a year with the first of the year  pepper's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
Re: Stuffed green pepper's
« Reply #1 on: 08/07/17 06:45 UTC »
We make a batch up every fall. Approx 40, freeze them up, two to a package using the valcum seal. Makes a good quick meal during the winter.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 08/07/17 09:01 UTC »
Carole make a great stuffed pepper, or so some say. I'm not a pepper person unless its a hot one or a little going into a recipe like fresh salsa.

I have a 12 quart pot full of tomatoes headed for sauce on the stove right now and another batch of fresh Bruschetta ready for the garlic toast at tonight's dinner table.

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 08/07/17 10:35 UTC »
Sounds great Tom. I love this time of the year for garden harvest. Potatoes will be ready to dig in a couple of weeks .

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 08/07/17 10:53 UTC »
I was up at 6 and got the tomatoes ready for the stove along with chopped onion and pressed garlic. I just finished straining the water off the pot and then pureeing the tomatoes and running the puree thru a sieve to get the seeds out of it. Now I'm down to 4 quarts. I added the spices and some sugar for Carole and will cook this down to 3 quarts and can or freeze in quart jars. I'll be doing sauce as long as the tomatoes deliver....love pasta with home-made sauce. We ran out last year.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 08/07/17 12:39 UTC »
Sauce making is a labor of love to get to the finale results but well worth it.