Author Topic: Father/ teenage son lure making venture  (Read 595 times)

Online Paneltruck.lures

• Kicker
Father/ teenage son lure making venture
« on: 08/08/17 19:57 UTC »
My 14 year old son started repainting crank baits a few months back after my brother in law gave him some  old lures. Then he started carving lures out of old wood. That moved to me buying him some crank bait blanks to paint which he is still pursuing. I started looking through his lure catalogs and saw the soft plastic molds and thought hey that looks like fun and my son really liked the idea. I broke down and bought some molds and materials.

My son would like to sell a few lures once we get it down and I'm good with that. I figure a teenager that wants to start a little side business is better than playing video games and whatever other brain cell killing things teenagers enjoy.

We both hope to learn a few things from you guys as we try making lures
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Online Apdriver

• Kicker
Re: Father/ teenage son lure making venture
« Reply #1 on: 08/08/17 20:19 UTC »
Wow, I can't think of a more fun past time/hobby to share with a son. Welcome to the forum. Read about the safety of handling plastic and lead. Lots of good knowledge here to draw from. We look forward to seeing your work.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 08/08/17 20:35 UTC »
That's cool. My Dad started tying his own flies when I was about ten years old. I was intrigued and had him tie some bucktail trebles for me. I worked for my Dad and Grandpa, saved my money and bought a spinner maker and some wire, bodies and other supplies. I sold bucktail spinners at the gas station for a couple years. I went on to making custom fishing rods, plastic baits, lead head jigs, and other things. I wish I could do it all  over. My Dad was pretty cool, and very supportive. Congratulations, and good luck to you both!

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 08/08/17 23:33 UTC »
What a great deal that the two of you can share a grow in a hobby that has the ability to make some money at. Welcome to the forum and can't wait to see what the two of you can come up with.
« Last Edit: 08/10/17 06:16 UTC by WALLEYE WACKER »

Offline Kasilofchrisn

• Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 08/09/17 17:36 UTC »
Good Luck sounds like a fun adventure to learn lure making together.
Just a word of caution be sure to get your EIN from the IRS and pay uncle sam his quaterly excise taxes via form 720 when you start selling.
I would hate to see them ruin your adventure.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Online Paneltruck.lures

• Kicker
« Reply #5 on: 08/09/17 19:27 UTC »
Good Luck sounds like a fun adventure to learn lure making together.
Just a word of caution be sure to get your EIN from the IRS and pay uncle sam his quaterly excise taxes via form 720 when you start selling.
I would hate to see them ruin your adventure.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Thank for the word of advice

You have more faith in me than I do that We are going to produce something people would give money for  ;D
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 08/10/17 14:15 UTC »
Good post and thread. Best of luck in your venture.