Author Topic: Swim bait head  (Read 11679 times)

Online Kyle

• Administrator
  • Kicker
Re: Swim bait head
« Reply #15 on: 09/01/17 16:07 UTC »
I'll probably still get this mold but I thought they would use a little heavier hook like an EC 635BP or even a Gamakatsu 604. The Mustad 32746 will be ok for the smaller 1/4oz but I can already hear the complaints about bent hooks as most guys throw 1/2oz and heavier heads with 30lb braid or 15lb fluorocarbon, that hook, which I use in small ball head and like, isn't going to hold up. What was the thinking behind the hook choice for a swimbait head that goes up to 3/4oz?

Great question, smalljaw.  This particular jig will have some crossover into other species  and applications in addition to those that you mentioned. With that in mind, we built the mold to compliment a variety of hooks including those with thicker wire diameters like the Gamakatsu 604, that you mentioned. 

Online smalljaw

• Lunker
« Reply #16 on: 09/02/17 06:35 UTC »
Great question, smalljaw.  This particular jig will have some crossover into other species  and applications in addition to those that you mentioned. With that in mind, we built the mold to compliment a variety of hooks including those with thicker wire diameters like the Gamakatsu 604, that you mentioned.

I see and it makes perfect sense!! As a bass guy mostly I have blinders on when it comes to other species a lot. I know walleye guys like swim baits and don't use heavy wire hooks for their baits. Thanks for the response, if I did more than bass and crappie I probably would have understood the hook choice a little better but I do like being able to use a variety of different hooks, my weedless banana head mold uses more different hooks than any other mold I have or even know of, super versatile in what you can use it for, I would love to see a weedless walleye head made in a similar manner.

Offline cc1

• Kicker
« Reply #17 on: 09/02/17 13:49 UTC »
Redfish and trout will absolutely attack this head on the swim baits.  This will be a game changer in the marsh and bays.

Offline CrawdadsFishingTackle

• Keeper
    • Crawdads Fishing Tackle
« Reply #18 on: 09/13/17 20:34 UTC »
UGH!!! Is it October 1st yet????????? ??? ;D

Online Walking Dead

• Kicker
« Reply #19 on: 10/01/17 07:59 UTC »
UGH!!! Is it October 1st yet????????? ??? ;D

IT IS NOW, (cue Jeopardy song).

Offline CrawdadsFishingTackle

• Keeper
    • Crawdads Fishing Tackle
« Reply #20 on: 10/02/17 12:48 UTC »
Yeah!! It's October!! Looking forward to the New Mold!!  :o :o :o ;D ;D

Offline jkwildhunting

• Kicker
« Reply #21 on: 10/05/17 10:03 UTC »
Any updates when new molds will be available?

Joe
Joe
Fish On

Offline Bamafan2277

• Yearling
« Reply #22 on: 10/05/17 10:18 UTC »
That is correct.  October 1st is our Target Date.  Forum members will be the first to know when they are available.
I've got my money waiting for this mold! I am going on vacation on 10/20 and would love to have the mold before then so I can make some swimbait heads before I leave! Lake Guntersville is waiting on me to bring them!

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #23 on: 10/05/17 10:40 UTC »
Tomorrow would work great  ;D

Offline Bamafan2277

• Yearling
« Reply #24 on: 10/09/17 13:00 UTC »
10/9?? Today Please pretty please???? ;D :D  ;D :D

Online Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #25 on: 10/09/17 14:16 UTC »
When will any stores start taking orders? Zenders, Barlow's etc.?

Offline Nathan77

• Yearling
« Reply #26 on: 10/10/17 16:33 UTC »
I've given up on any updated info about this mold........ :-\

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #27 on: 10/10/17 16:46 UTC »
You guys should keep in mind that Oct. 1 was merely a target date and that lots of things come into play at a corporate level that you don't see. Take a pill and relax.

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #28 on: 10/10/17 18:34 UTC »
You guys should keep in mind that Oct. 1 was merely a target date and that lots of things come into play at a corporate level that you don't see. Take a pill and relax.

This is so very true, things at the corporate level change all the time and that’s any company. Personnel changes with someone working on a project or Often it’s with that company’s vendor or the vendors raw material supplier. State of California deems  something known to cause birth defects in goats and bam it’s a year and a half delays.

I can think of a 100 examples in my company. delays come and go this and other things happen when they are meant to .
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Offline Do-It Corp.

• Lunker
« Reply #29 on: 10/10/17 20:12 UTC »
I posted this in another thread, but just want to reiterate it here.  We have a target date of October 1st to have our new product available and we now have inventory on all the new stuff.  We want to give all our our dealers the first crack at the new items.  We have been providing them with program info, samples, photos and other marketing materials.  I think you will start to see things pop up on dealer sites shortly.