Author Topic: Essential series  (Read 397 times)

Offline basscatlildave

• Minnow
Essential series
« on: 09/09/17 15:13 UTC »
 I know the essential series mold are produced in a different way from the regular CNC cut molds. since I'm just a hobbyist will they produce the same quality bait or am I better off getting a CNC cut mode for say a Senko?

Offline olsarge

• Kicker
Re: Essential series
« Reply #1 on: 09/09/17 16:09 UTC »
They will produce exactly the same baits.  The only difference will be a matte finish that will show a little texture.  Personally, I like the looks of the essential baits,  You can paint the molds with a high temperature engine enamel and wind up with the same exact baits as a cnc mold.  I did that with a few of my molds and while I liked the results, I found I missed the texture and wound up cleaning them back to their originality.
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Online DF

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 09/09/17 18:20 UTC »
  I think you can't go wrong with a ES Senko mold. I have caught lots of fish off baits made from that mold and others in the essential line. You can find it for $30 at places like Jann's netcraft and it should last a lifetime.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 09/09/17 20:10 UTC »
It is the same exact bait the Essential has a Matt look to it when poured. CNC shines. I have caught just as many bass with the essential.

Offline Thump Huntin

• Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 09/10/17 14:13 UTC »
Bass won’t care about how smooth a finish is on a bait.  More for the fisherman eye. I hope the ventilation is better on Do-it’s bass molds than their crappie molds.

Online Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 09/10/17 16:38 UTC »
  My favorite Es Mold is the Beaver mold. I have five of them and here's a trick I do with them. If you just pour them like you get them you get a matte finish and if you paint them with a high temp high gloss paint you get a shinny finish like the CNC molds. So I like to paint only one side. I think it looks more natural. Shinny back and a flat matte belly. I like it so much I have taken a few of my CNC molds and sprayed 1/2 of it with a flat black paint to give the same results. I like to look at molds as a starting point. Then I like to tweak them into something no body else is fishing. At times that part of fishing I like more then fishing itself.
I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be.

Offline basscatlildave

• Minnow
« Reply #6 on: 09/10/17 20:18 UTC »
Thanks guys.

Online Walking Dead

• Kicker
« Reply #7 on: 09/11/17 05:48 UTC »
They are great to use to modify with tools, add a leg, bumps, nubs, etc., as they are less expensive.