Author Topic: First pours today  (Read 2059 times)

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
Re: First pours today
« Reply #30 on: 09/23/17 23:50 UTC »
Looks like a great place .

Online Paneltruck.lures

• Kicker
« Reply #31 on: 10/03/17 22:01 UTC »
Tried some senkos and paddle tail senkos out tonigh they worked very well. I am starting to really enjoy making these soft plastics. I do not know why but since I updated my phone photos to this site won’t upload. We did a baby bass green with silver flake. If you have Instagram you can see pictures on our IG page. Paneltrucklures
« Last Edit: 10/03/17 22:50 UTC by Paneltruck.lures »
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #32 on: 10/04/17 11:28 UTC »
Great looking worms. How do you get the add off Instagram so you can really get a great look.

Online Paneltruck.lures

• Kicker
« Reply #33 on: 10/04/17 11:37 UTC »
Thank you!
 Although I’m not sure I understand your question about the Instagram ad

Online Paneltruck.lures

• Kicker
« Reply #34 on: 10/05/17 21:43 UTC »
The boys finished with school early today so we worked on plastics for about 5 hours. We started off with air bubbles, paddles tales with half a paddle. Senkos that were full on bottom and were a tiny string on top. Craws with no claw, half a claw, 1 claw, no legs, pick a combination we had it wrong with craws. Didn’t matter if we poured or injected it came out bad then all of a sudden about 45 minuets before it was time to clean and put away so I could go to a youth hockey meeting we started churning out the best craws and worms we have made to date. It was bittersweet, hopefully tomorrow and Saturday the storms will stay away we can test them out.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #35 on: 10/06/17 00:10 UTC »
Glade that things got better before you had to go to your meeting and hope you get a chance to play with them this weekend. It’s going to rain by me this weekend to but still planing on fishing sometime.

Offline Bamafan2277

• Minnow
« Reply #36 on: 10/06/17 08:26 UTC »
The good thing about working with plastic is you can melt and re-use the rejects! It's a good way to learn and then not waste too much product.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #37 on: 10/06/17 08:45 UTC »
The good thing about working with plastic is you can melt and re-use the rejects!

OR.....you could just toss them in a bag and take them fishing. Often times what gets the hit is something that isn't entirely perfect.

Online Paneltruck.lures

• Kicker
« Reply #38 on: 10/06/17 10:04 UTC »
If everything works out I am going to fishing in Norman this afternoon. There is a pond behind where my bother in law works. It’s a catch a release pond that is overstocked, honestly they need to let a few be harvested out of the pond. The bass and blue gill are biting hard. My brother in law  caught 57 in about 3 hours after he got off work one evening last week. I went and bought a top water crank bait to match what he caught a majority of those 57 on.  I’m going to throw it out a few times then let the middle boy try it and try out some of our plastics including some the the “irregulars”. I kept a few that didn’t turn out right to fish.  Then some got remelted or are in the scraps bag to be redone.

I had fun with the kids for 5 hours and that’s what matters most hopefully we can get some bites on what we made and make it that much better.