Author Topic: A frog I can fish slow  (Read 1251 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
Re: A frog I can fish slow
« Reply #15 on: 01/24/18 11:54 UTC »
That sounds like a good way to get the job done, Sarge.

Online DF

• Lunker
« Reply #16 on: 01/24/18 13:47 UTC »
Good idea Sarge

Online andrewlamberson

• Lunker
« Reply #17 on: 01/24/18 15:34 UTC »
Update.  I couldn't wait any longer so I went out to the garage with the essential 3.5 frog mold.  I covered the leg area of both cavities with foil and shot the baits.  When I demolded just the legs were nicely split.  Cut off the bottom sections and they looked really nice.  A nice little alternative that gives you a thin legged or a thick legged frog without any mold modifications,

Brilliant!!!!
" You can't buy happiness...But you can buy fishing gear...and that's kind of the same thing"

Online Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #18 on: 01/24/18 16:55 UTC »
Good thinking olsarge. It was a good walleye bait for me last fall.

Offline superharmonix

• Lunker
« Reply #19 on: 01/24/18 19:51 UTC »
All the above is what it is all about!

Online Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #20 on: 01/25/18 05:48 UTC »
  Just wondering if you left both pair of legs on the frog how that would work. With four legs that might give you all kinds of action. You got me wanting to try this now.
I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be.

Online Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #21 on: 01/25/18 06:12 UTC »
My first thought also Lamar. Could be interesting. Double action legs.

Offline olsarge

• Kicker
« Reply #22 on: 01/25/18 07:29 UTC »
  Just wondering if you left both pair of legs on the frog how that would work. With four legs that might give you all kinds of action. You got me wanting to try this now.

I have thought of that too and plan on trying it out this spring.  Out of the mold, the legs stick together but I am thinking that the water may "lubricate" them enough to help keep them apart.  Will see this spring
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Online Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #23 on: 01/25/18 09:04 UTC »

Great idea. Now I'm wanting to try that too. I've got 4 more 3.5" coming. I think I'll leave at least one unmodified for experimenting with this idea.

Offline olsarge

• Kicker
« Reply #24 on: 01/25/18 10:53 UTC »
I just shot some more with the skinny legs but I added some foam flotation to them as well.  The idea being to work them towards an opening in the pads/grass then just twitch them to get them skinny little legs to shakin.  I'm thinking irrisistable (or at least I hope)
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.