Author Topic: Fire Tiger  (Read 622 times)

Offline Steve J

• Kicker
Fire Tiger
« on: 09/26/17 13:11 UTC »
I now have the molds and colors I want to use in the 3 color Fire tiger plastic.
The Wutz-it, for example needs to have the top part shot, lami plate here, followed by a dual shot of chartreuse and orange for the middle and bottom.
Want to make up a bunch of tops then fit them in over time.
How much time can I let them sit before I complete the bait?
Hours?, days?, weeks?

Online Muskygary

• Lunker
Re: Fire Tiger
« Reply #1 on: 09/26/17 15:20 UTC »
Not long! After the baits sit for a few days they develop a oily surface and won't adhere to the new injected part. I make mine up in one day.

Online Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 09/26/17 15:54 UTC »
I agree i would try to use them the same day.

Online andrewlamberson

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 09/26/17 16:16 UTC »
Same day for me.

I don't even let tail molds sit for more than a couple days.
" You can't buy happiness...But you can buy fishing gear...and that's kind of the same thing"

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 09/27/17 06:26 UTC »
  I guess I'm the odd man out this time. I remember one time I was making tops for the beaver molds and the didn't get back to them for at least a week and they came out fine. When you shoot that bait with hot plastic on cold plastic the surface of the cold plastic will melt a little and that will form a bound.
I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be.

Offline toadfrog

• Minnow
« Reply #5 on: 09/27/17 21:57 UTC »
If you let them get cold or pre-make them . then use a heat gun . Heat them until the bond side gets shiny or slick looking . Then close the mold shoot .

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 09/29/17 15:24 UTC »
Your pre-made pieces can exude oils in a short time of storage....like in a couple weeks even. Just give them a quick bath and wipe on the flat side and use. I made several hundred tail pices for the inch and a halve Thump It's and cut them long just before bagging. When I need some I just count out what is needed and snip  the excess off and use. I never have any issues with the pieces welding solid, but for all purposes I guess I'd try to keep injection and use time as close as possible. Can't hurt.

Online SteveJ

• Minnow
« Reply #7 on: 09/29/17 18:34 UTC »
Ctom I have been making a 'fresh cut' with tails with decent results.
Is the 'full cut' a situation where alcohol cleans up the excretement?
BTY I had to change my 'handle' because when I went into my profile I saw they had an email address I haven't used for years then couldn't remember my password to get out.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 10/01/17 13:36 UTC »
The alcohol removes any oils exuded over time even on long surfaces to be welded. I've used acetone and lacquer thinner for 'this too but the alcohol is safer smell wise.