Author Topic: Pearl Blue ?  (Read 1930 times)

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
Pearl Blue ?
« on: 10/28/17 17:55 UTC »
How can I get a pearl Blue color akin to this jig head color ? Could I get it with a bunch of blue hi-lite or start with blue plastic and add plain pearl to that ?  Thanks

Online Muskygary

• Lunker
Re: Pearl Blue ?
« Reply #1 on: 10/28/17 18:35 UTC »
Lurecraft has a pearl blue powder for plastics that I use. Looks close to what you have.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 10/28/17 19:32 UTC »
Just whip up a plain pearl and use a toothpick dipped in blue colorant and stir it in a tiny bit at a time until you have the blue as dense as you want it. You may try the same with a very small amount of white too to add some opaqueness to it. Or you can get the lurecraft stuff. I like the toothpick method because I can adjust the color or even use a different color.

Instead of the regular blue, I'd give the fluorescent blue a try first. You can always bring it down a notch using a dab of plain blue.

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 10/28/17 19:53 UTC »
Thanks guys. It's one of those colors that's been running through my brain that I need to try to make.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 10/28/17 20:06 UTC »
Looking closer at that color bud I think you should try mega=dosing a clear plastic with blue hi lite. I'm betting you'd be about dead on. If you needed to swing the blue a bit darker just do the toothpick trick with regular blue but very little at a time.

Online Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 10/28/17 20:10 UTC »
I think ctom is right with flourescent blue. I made some that were very close to that using flourescent blue and regular pearl powder.

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 10/28/17 20:14 UTC »
The picture isn't the greatest but it's like a light robin egg blue with a ton of white pearly sheen. Hard to explain.

Fluorescent blue. A color I don't have ..... Yet LOL

Online Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 10/28/17 20:16 UTC »

Fluorescent blue. A color I don't have ..... Yet LOL

As the Marines say....GET SOME!

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 10/28/17 20:23 UTC »
Why didn't I ask this question last week when I placed on order with do-it. LOL

Online Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 10/28/17 20:38 UTC »
That's the way I like to do things, only my theory is screw it up good first, then ask someone to help me fix it. :D

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 11/05/17 06:14 UTC »
Well I got some Fluorescent Blue and this is what I came up with on my first try. The pic doesn't show the true color. The pearl is dead on but I didn't get the blue I was looking for. Another drop or two of FB should get me real close to the color I am shooting for. If anyone is interested, I'll post the recipe once I get it tuned in. Thanks for the help guys.

Offline olsarge

• Kicker
« Reply #11 on: 11/24/17 09:51 UTC »
Little late to the party here, but I would very much like this recipe.  Thanks
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline Walking Dead

• Kicker
« Reply #12 on: 11/24/17 11:46 UTC »

Offline olsarge

• Kicker
« Reply #13 on: 11/24/17 16:11 UTC »
Would def be a step in the right direction.  Looking for a new color for my 3 inch chub grub.  Right now I am using most of the highlight colors and like them, just looking for something a little different.
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
« Reply #14 on: 11/24/17 17:21 UTC »
"Little late to the party here, but I would very much like this recipe.  Thanks"

No problem sarge. I'm pretty sure I wrote it down in my cookbook. Just have to find the cookbook. LOL