Author Topic: Pearl Blue ?  (Read 3444 times)

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
Re: Pearl Blue ?
« Reply #30 on: 12/06/17 05:59 UTC »
I made some of the PB with a pearl white and solid white tail and the white tail really makes the color pop. It should with the ES molds too  should you want to make that combo. I could tweak the color a little more to match that jighead color but it's super close as is and I'm not going to burn any more time messing with it.

Thanks T. I bet I have looked through MFs colorants a hundred times and never noticed that color. LOL  I did use Do-its Pearl powder. A fair bit of it compared to how much I usually use in other colors.

Offline Thembonez

• Keeper
« Reply #31 on: 02/03/18 18:44 UTC »
Tried the MF colorant for this I mentioned before with a “hefty” dose of pearl powder and came out with these. Could still stand to use more pearl in my mind, but this blue is it’s own creature. It seems to totally take over the plastic almost seemingly changing the physical properties of it. It seems to ‘melt” differently after the fact and trying to adjust the color is a tall task. But in the end I’m happy with the results. If only winter would loosen its grip to test these on some toothy critters, but that don’t look to be the case next few weeks.

Offline Thembonez

• Keeper
« Reply #32 on: 02/03/18 18:58 UTC »
Well for what ever reason I cannot post pictures using every method I could think of. Only getting a multitude of errors. Able to put it up in the gallery but trying to get it hear is another story. It’s far exceeded my frustration level for one night