Author Topic: Pearl Blue ?  (Read 7928 times)

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
Pearl Blue ?
« on: 10/28/17 17:55 UTC »
How can I get a pearl Blue color akin to this jig head color ? Could I get it with a bunch of blue hi-lite or start with blue plastic and add plain pearl to that ?  Thanks

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
Re: Pearl Blue ?
« Reply #1 on: 10/28/17 18:35 UTC »
Lurecraft has a pearl blue powder for plastics that I use. Looks close to what you have.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 10/28/17 19:32 UTC »
Just whip up a plain pearl and use a toothpick dipped in blue colorant and stir it in a tiny bit at a time until you have the blue as dense as you want it. You may try the same with a very small amount of white too to add some opaqueness to it. Or you can get the lurecraft stuff. I like the toothpick method because I can adjust the color or even use a different color.

Instead of the regular blue, I'd give the fluorescent blue a try first. You can always bring it down a notch using a dab of plain blue.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 10/28/17 19:53 UTC »
Thanks guys. It's one of those colors that's been running through my brain that I need to try to make.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 10/28/17 20:06 UTC »
Looking closer at that color bud I think you should try mega=dosing a clear plastic with blue hi lite. I'm betting you'd be about dead on. If you needed to swing the blue a bit darker just do the toothpick trick with regular blue but very little at a time.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 10/28/17 20:10 UTC »
I think ctom is right with flourescent blue. I made some that were very close to that using flourescent blue and regular pearl powder.

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 10/28/17 20:14 UTC »
The picture isn't the greatest but it's like a light robin egg blue with a ton of white pearly sheen. Hard to explain.

Fluorescent blue. A color I don't have ..... Yet LOL

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 10/28/17 20:16 UTC »

Fluorescent blue. A color I don't have ..... Yet LOL

As the Marines say....GET SOME!

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 10/28/17 20:23 UTC »
Why didn't I ask this question last week when I placed on order with do-it. LOL

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 10/28/17 20:38 UTC »
That's the way I like to do things, only my theory is screw it up good first, then ask someone to help me fix it. :D

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 11/05/17 06:14 UTC »
Well I got some Fluorescent Blue and this is what I came up with on my first try. The pic doesn't show the true color. The pearl is dead on but I didn't get the blue I was looking for. Another drop or two of FB should get me real close to the color I am shooting for. If anyone is interested, I'll post the recipe once I get it tuned in. Thanks for the help guys.

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #11 on: 11/24/17 09:51 UTC »
Little late to the party here, but I would very much like this recipe.  Thanks
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline Walking Dead

• Kicker
« Reply #12 on: 11/24/17 11:46 UTC »

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #13 on: 11/24/17 16:11 UTC »
Would def be a step in the right direction.  Looking for a new color for my 3 inch chub grub.  Right now I am using most of the highlight colors and like them, just looking for something a little different.
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
« Reply #14 on: 11/24/17 17:21 UTC »
"Little late to the party here, but I would very much like this recipe.  Thanks"

No problem sarge. I'm pretty sure I wrote it down in my cookbook. Just have to find the cookbook. LOL