Author Topic: Essential series vs cnc  (Read 2501 times)

Offline Thembonez

• Keeper
Essential series vs cnc
« on: 10/29/17 18:36 UTC »
Anyone have a side by side bait comparison made from each of these molds to show the “matte” finish from the ES molds.

Offline DF

• Lunker
Re: Essential series vs cnc
« Reply #1 on: 10/30/17 11:03 UTC »
 Here is a link to a post I did with a side by side of senkos (page 2) http://custombaits.com/index.php?topic=6652.15
The best thing to do is get a sample pack from Do-it or reach out to a forum member for a couple baits, nothing beats seeing the baits in person. Is there a certain bait you're looking for?

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 10/30/17 11:15 UTC »
I think he was interested in the new ES Ripper baits.

Offline Thembonez

• Keeper
« Reply #3 on: 10/30/17 12:34 UTC »
I think he was interested in the new ES Ripper baits.

This is true. Can’t beat the value. On the other hand the single cavity mold offers a few more creative avenues. Twinjection, core shots, and so on.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 10/30/17 12:40 UTC »
By leaving the top bait in the essential mold you can use the twin injector on the other two baits.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Thembonez

• Keeper
« Reply #5 on: 10/31/17 11:56 UTC »
By leaving the top bait in the essential mold you can use the twin injector on the other two baits.
This is the method I use on the ring-it mold to do core shots. By pouring the first color up to an 1/8-1/16” of the top of the spru and then shooting the core, it works out really well. Pending how consistent you are on filling the spru, most of the discrepancies occur in the tail. You either get a perfect pin stripe or solid core colored tail.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 10/31/17 12:21 UTC »
. The twin should work equally as well as the process you describe, but then I don't ever worry about it. What comes out is what goes fishing. lol That's the beauty of it all Bonez....those fish don't give a rip if the tail is a pin stripe or a partial color. When I get requests for core colors or split colors, whoever is doing the requesting is fully informed that what comes out of the mold is what they will be paying for. I can't recall ever getting a complaint. Having each split color bait unique is good in my books and is why I enjoy the hand pouring when its possible..
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast