Author Topic: Ice plastics already.....  (Read 1461 times)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Ice plastics already.....
« on: 11/12/17 19:29 UTC »
I was contacted by a friend in northern Wisconsin on Friday about getting his usual order of $100.00 worth of small plastics done early this season. I took advantage of the near 50 degree day today and shot his pile of small stuff up in eight colors all the while thinking how nice it is to be able to work with the garage door wide open and the radio playing. The deer smell hasn't even left the garage yet and here I am doing ice plastics....sheesh.

Do-It's Ice Tickler has been a solid product for me for several years now and this guy orders BIG numbers a couple times thru the average winter. Stacking my five molds really cuts the chore time down when a guy is shooting several hundred of one color. Thankfully I only had to whip up two colors from scratch and was able to simply re-melt and squirt on the other six....moves things right along.

I thought I had the whole day to myself with nothing but football to look forward to but really, the time in the garage with the plastic was great time spent doing what I love. And the payday ain't so bad either. Days like this will be hard to come by soon enough for us northern tier dudes. Gotta make hay while the sun shines, eh?
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Kasilofchrisn

• Kicker
Re: Ice plastics already.....
« Reply #1 on: 11/17/17 14:11 UTC »
Well heck Tom here in Alaska we have been ice fishing already for over a week now.
Even longer further north.
And the fishing has been real good!
Got to work for the next couple of weeks then I'll be hitting the hard water once again.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 11/17/17 14:17 UTC »
Nice trout! Wish we had some of those here in Indiana! LOL

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 11/17/17 14:56 UTC »
Mmmmm, Trout ! Been a long long time since I've caught any wild ones.

I have 3000 swim shads in 10 different colors to make. At least I have until the end of February. Glad I put heat in the garage last fall.

Offline weltzing63

• Keeper
« Reply #4 on: 11/27/17 22:00 UTC »
The Ice tickler has to be one of the most popular plastic baits out there in the ice industry, but yet, I have not seen anything like it in any big box stores or most smaller bait shops in my area. I use this bait 90% of the time on the ice.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 11/28/17 06:07 UTC »
Way to go Kasilofchrisn!

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 11/28/17 06:27 UTC »
The Ice tickler has to be one of the most popular plastic baits out there in the ice industry, but yet, I have not seen anything like it in any big box stores or most smaller bait shops in my area. I use this bait 90% of the time on the ice.

The Wax Wigglers are a dynamic bait too and the segmented bodies makes them very easy to adjust for body length to help balance the smaller jigs. I love both sizes of the Wigglers on jigging Demons when dock fishing. On the over-all though the Ticklers are one hot bait and I get lots of calls for them....which is good that they aren't in stores and I get to capitalize on max profit, like there's a ton of it to be had. lol
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast