Author Topic: Ripper Comes Through  (Read 613 times)

Offline Partycrasher

• Kicker
Ripper Comes Through
« on: 11/17/17 12:04 UTC »
I had a few hours to get out last Sunday so I hit a lake close to home.  We had a hard cold snap last week and I ended up busting through about a half mile of ice to get to the main lake.  In the main lake, the water had dropped to 41 degrees.  The usual big deep crankbaits and even my go-to blades wouldn't get a sniff.  So I went back and spent the next two hours dissecting the same water with a Ripper rigged weedless on a weighted hook with a screw lock (Mustad 91768 3/0, 1/4 ounce).  I was working the deep weed edge (15-18') where I found green weeds yet.  It was like brain surgery... one crank, pause, one crank, pause... But it paid off.  I ended with 6 bites, landed four and the two biggest were 32" and 36".  Trust the ripper no matter how cold the water is!!!

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
Re: Ripper Comes Through
« Reply #1 on: 11/17/17 12:31 UTC »
Nice color. People are going to find that the Ripper is a all year long go to bait for every thing.

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 11/17/17 14:48 UTC »
Right on Marc ! I caught a couple snot rockets a little smaller than those on cranks last weekend.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 11/17/17 15:48 UTC »
Nice job on the pikies Marc. Nice job on that plastic and the custom painted weight on the hook.

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 11/17/17 17:34 UTC »
Nice fish Marc. That ripper is a winner. I've been getting  river walleyes on it around here.