Author Topic: Cyan to purple chameleon paint crank bait  (Read 1402 times)

Online Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
Cyan to purple chameleon paint crank bait
« on: 11/25/17 16:18 UTC »
Cyan to purple crank bait

http://custombaits.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=3177

Cyan to purple automotive paint crank bait

I hope this displays right. I Dug up some chameleon paint yesterday out of my desk I only had a small amount so I thought that would be cool on a crank bait. Painted this over the required black base. I hate to be a pics don’t do it justice guy but it’s truly better in person. I hope the color shift shows up under water.
« Last Edit: 11/25/17 16:25 UTC by Paneltruck.lures »
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Offline cc1

• Kicker
Re: Cyan to purple chameleon paint crank bait
« Reply #1 on: 11/25/17 16:43 UTC »
Very nice that over a white pearl or silver would be insane here

Online Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 11/25/17 16:45 UTC »
That has to be sprayed over black to get the proper effect but I could do a pearl white on the bottom in fact I like the idea well enough to try it out on another one.

Online Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 11/25/17 17:51 UTC »
That's way cool. I like that color a lot.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 11/25/17 18:34 UTC »
You mixed the color shifting pigment in clear and shot it over the black base....am I correct? Nice looking color, bud!

Online Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 11/25/17 18:56 UTC »
You mixed the color shifting pigment in clear and shot it over the black base....am I correct? Nice looking color, bud!

Exactly what I did

I like cc1’s  white bottom thought. I am trying to figure out how to achieve that and get a clean line between now and when I can replace the air brush.

Online Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 11/25/17 20:40 UTC »
I think I thought of a way to get a white belly without the airbrush. I just hope I don’t get too hard of a tape line. Don’t know if get to it tomorrow or not. My kids are wanting to go fishing tomorrow and my wife has said a nice relaxing day alone at would be nice so hey who am I to argue with any of them.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 11/25/17 21:43 UTC »
Great color.

Offline cc1

• Kicker
« Reply #8 on: 11/25/17 22:54 UTC »
Having it with some over spray would be a natural look.

Online Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 11/26/17 08:08 UTC »
Having it with some over spray would be a natural look.

Very true I’m just worried about about too much and throwing it off. I just need to play with it and see

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 11/26/17 08:17 UTC »
I don't tape off when I air brush. I don't want stark lines between colors and prefer them to flow between each other and when I am doing several baits of the same color scheme I want that individuality between them. Its the same reason I prefer to hand pour half a mold with one color and inject the other or to use the twin injector instead of doing a plate which creates a defined line between the color of plastic. Nothing in nature has such definition between colors and I want my baits to follow in that fashion.

Online Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #11 on: 11/26/17 08:57 UTC »
I agree Tom but I am having to do these with a combination of aerosol can and mini HVLP gun. That has put me behind the 8 ball a bit on this project because of the wider fan patterns I am having to work with. I broke Austin’s airbrush beyond repair a few months ago and haven’t been able to replace it yet. When my parents bought him a airbrush they started him out with a fairly good one and it’s only right I replace it with the same one. This is the year all of our appliances went out. When we bought our house in Texas in ‘07 I bought all new appliances and I can unfortunately tell you they were built to last 10 years  ;D I should be able to get the airbrush replaced soon after the first of the year.

Austin did have a good idea for a white belly get a white paint pen and do the under side then spray over with the pearl and it it fall where it may and then kind of get the look Tom is talking about along with CC1’s idea.

Tom that’s a great point on the plastics I have given thought to and played with a little bit we have come up with a couple of neat worms. I’m glad to hear you say you are doing this as well
« Last Edit: 11/26/17 09:01 UTC by Paneltruck.lures »

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #12 on: 11/28/17 18:37 UTC »
I whipped up some solid black baits with chartreuse tails today to brush the color changing pearls over thinking that the black underlayment will give more color shift than a clear plastic....the clear allows too much light to pass thru the pearl coat. I'm thinking that what Paneltruck has shown on his hard bait is the way to go. I'll know later tonight when I try brushing one.

I did a bait with a black back, chartreuse centerline/tail and a super sparkle belly and brushed it up with three different chameleon color changing colors, darkest across the back and lightest on the belly. The colors are unreal but there's a lamination crack that runs the whole length of the darned bait that wasn't visible until the color got brushed on so I scrapped it. Then I shot the solid black/chartreuse tail stuff.

I've got more of the nail polish pearl colors waiting to be ordered after the first of the month. All are color shifting/chameleon colors. This technique could get to be a problem. lol