Author Topic: The jackpot  (Read 5367 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
The jackpot
« on: 12/15/17 20:49 UTC »
So ya'll have seen some of the brushed pearls I have posted pictures of here. I've added a couple sources for the color changing and chameleon pearls, but late last week I found a new source that is ugly cheap in 5 grams sample packets and has the color shifting stuff so affordable it sticks. A 5 gram packet will last me two years and today the mailman dropped off 15 colors.

No, I don't have any pictures yet, but I though maybe some of you might want to take a peek at the site and see the colors offered.

www.didspade.com is the site. Click on pearls or pigments then color shifting then fine particle color shifting or the show all option. Oh yes, they have a high performance section where the color changing pearls can cost around $40.00 for 5 gram sample packet, but you'd be correct in assuming I am too cheap to spend that on a pearl product. But if you get a chance, take a peek in the color changing section, especially the fine particle colors as they are easiest to work with right away. This is the best site yet as far as I am concerned.

There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
Re: The jackpot
« Reply #1 on: 12/15/17 21:26 UTC »
I have never used anything from Didspaid but my understanding from the paint point of view it’s good stuff. I know they have soon cool flake colors. I’m married to Roth products but this is supposed to be good stuff. Can’t wait to see what you come up with Tom and maybe others.
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 12/16/17 06:20 UTC »
Tom, I wish you'd quit posting this stuff. You just cost me $33.65!! By the way what do you think about their "Candy Concentrate"? I think that would dissolve in hot plastic for a base color. ( I only got eight packs of the pearls)

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 12/16/17 07:55 UTC »
Gary, the pearls and glitter are all I have worked with thus far. The candy concentrate is a powder to be used in a liquid so it may incorporate into the raw plastic ok. I didn't check on pricing for that product but maybe its something to consider if the cost isn't too bad.

I'm grinding and stuffing hot dogs today but perhaps tomorrow I'll thin out some black for smoke and try a couple different batches of plastic with these pearls cooked in to see what comes of it.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 12/16/17 08:45 UTC »
I have been curious about what my liquid candy concentrates would do so it would be really interesting to see what the powder does. We are low on plastic until after the holidays pass but I have been wanting to put some candy dye in plastic l. The thought crosses my mind each time I mix a candy at work.

I think the powder would liquified like it is supposed to when mixed in just like anything else it’s the visual results that I am curious about. If it goes like I think it should in my head it would make for some really cool plastic lures.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 12/16/17 09:47 UTC »
My thoughts go in the direction of bleeding. The candy additives should create an ultra transparent color but dyes, if this is what they are, like to bleed.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 12/16/17 09:59 UTC »
I have not messed with the transparent colorants yet to experience the bleeding but that makes sense so I’m glad you stopped me before I wasted plastisol.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 12/16/17 10:27 UTC »
The 5 gram samples are only 5 and a half bucks so I might order a couple to tinker with. Probably blue and red since they don't offer a purple. The green and yellow are nice too so possibly those as well.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 12/16/17 10:39 UTC »
Let us know how it works I still have some of the root beer concentrate from when I did my bike this last time. I have thought about making plastics with the conetrate and the same gold flake to match my motorcycle. If it works for you I might be brave enough to try a small batch.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 12/16/17 21:54 UTC »
I took some time tonight to mess with the new pearls. Well, three three color shifting ones anyway.

The blue backed bait is done in what is called Delta. Its blue, purple and red shifting. In the picture uou can see the blue obviously but the purple peeks out in a couple places too. The belly on this is done in Paneltruck's Red/gold/green but its not really visible in the picture.

The purple backed bait is done with Flare, a red, pink, purple, orange, and gold shifting. The belly is done in Kingpin, a gold, orange, red shifting pearl but its not seen in the picture. I walked thru the house with these baits on the napkin and checked different light levels and the zoo of color that comes from both of these baits in amazing. Honestly this is something a person has to see in person. I can't begin to describe it and it certainly won't show up as I have described in a picture. As I sit here typing I can look at the blue back and see all of the colors in the pearl coming out to some degree. The purple is showing the pink gold and orange and they're just sitting here. I tried another picture to see if I could pick this color shifting up but the filtering nixes it. I tried the IPhone, both picture and video and neither will show what's happening. These new color shifting pearls are mind benders. I can see more on the horizon. If I can scratch up the time tomorrow I'm going to try a couple of these IN plastic. I have a wild glitter I want to toss in some clear to check for heat resistance. If it passes muster I'm going to get a pound of the stuff.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 12/16/17 22:07 UTC »
I really like those a lot

Offline MADA

• Keeper
  • To many tools? No way!!
« Reply #11 on: 12/17/17 02:22 UTC »
Cool.
I am waiting for a load of pearls in mail so i can mess around with it in the plastic.
I am leaning more and more to use this stuff in the plastic.
I am still looking for some neon colour and i going to order and try some of the stuff they use in "nailart".
Some hot colours there including ligthshifting neons.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #12 on: 12/17/17 10:28 UTC »
Them pearls and color shift is some cool stuff .
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #13 on: 12/17/17 10:35 UTC »
For all practical purposes these baits have not really moved since I took the picture last night in a lit room. The room is unlit now but a north facing window is letting in light. Look at the purple in the front. Its really showing the orange and gold and red.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #14 on: 12/20/17 08:59 UTC »
Here they are flipped around so the bellies show. The picture was taken in mixed light- outside light coming in the window and room lighting.

The blue backed one has Paneltrucker cool red/green shifting color on the belly and the purple backed number has the Kingpin color, orange, red, gold.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they