Author Topic: My first attempt at my favorite Christmas time snack  (Read 561 times)

Online Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
Chex mix has always been my favorite snack this time of year. I start craving it in November except this year it was more like mid September. My wife made a big batch using her grandmothers recipe before Thanksgiving that I destroyed in 2 days. It was even my lunch one day at work. I then got scolded for for doing that with all the sodium. Last week at my mom’s she had some made up and it wasn’t as good as I remembered it growing up and sure wasn’t what my wife made.

I talked my wife into teaching me how to make her grandmothers recipe that way next year when I start wanting it in May I can just make it my self.

Grandma Nelly’s recipe uses season salt which I added extra of because I love season salt. I’d eat it by it’s self with a spoon if I thought it wouldn’t put me in the dog house. Her recipe also calls for Tabasco but we subbed that out for Franks Red Hot. I wanted to add a touch more of that but held off so that I didn’t push my luck and also so the kids could enjoy it. The sweet of the Kix is a nice compliment to the warmth of the Franks RedHot.
Nothing too fancy compared to what some of you guys whip up but I was proud of myself.

During my hour and a half wait on the Chex Mix Austin and Tiffany put together some great looking fudge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Offline Do-It Corp.

• Lunker
Re: My first attempt at my favorite Christmas time snack
« Reply #1 on: 12/16/17 20:52 UTC »
Exactly why I pack the pounds on this time of year.  Once I start with the salt and sweets, it's over.  Good work!

Online Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 12/16/17 21:11 UTC »
I have been told to stay out of the fudge until tomorrow thankfully it’s almost bed time. They are talking about making homemade marshmallows tomorrow I’ll be in trouble once the peppermint ones are ready.
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 12/16/17 21:19 UTC »
Great tasting snacks .