Author Topic: Who let the dogs out.....  (Read 775 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
Who let the dogs out.....
« on: 12/19/17 11:29 UTC »
They're all smoked and getting packaged today.

I cold smoked these and they are packed and vacuum sealed essentially raw. Trying a different route this year. I cook most of the hot dogs on the grill to start with so cooking a second time takes moisture out of them. I'm thinking this will make them a bit juicier when the hit the bun. I'll know as soon as I finish with the vacuum packing. I plan to have a couple for lunch and the grill is on stand-by.

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
Re: Who let the dogs out.....
« Reply #1 on: 12/19/17 12:30 UTC »
Those looks tasty, Tom.  You ever try your hand at bratwurst?  I love few other meats in tube form more than a good bratwurst, slow boiled in some good beer and then crisped up on the grill.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 12/19/17 12:44 UTC »
I have a half dozen pork shoulders in the freezer that will become bratwurst. I don't boil in anything...grill them and eat them. Boiling washes flavor from the meat/spicing.

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 12/19/17 12:58 UTC »
Add more spice!  I know a friend of mine who has done this with some sausage he has made for this exact reason.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 12/19/17 13:11 UTC »
Naw....drink the beer, grill the brats.

I just finished eating the couple dogs off the grill and I'm pretty positive I can stop looking for any other wiener seasonings. This waltons product makes one outstanding hot dog. Carole tried a chunk and is smiling.

Offline olsarge

• Kicker
« Reply #5 on: 12/19/17 13:37 UTC »
Naw....drink the beer, grill the brats.

I just finished eating the couple dogs off the grill and I'm pretty positive I can stop looking for any other wiener seasonings. This waltons product makes one outstanding hot dog. Carole tried a chunk and is smiling.

I can believe that.  I am smiling, and I just looked at the picture! ;D
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 12/19/17 14:14 UTC »
Those look amazing and beer and brats sounds great too.... as I sit in the Burger King drive through
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 12/19/17 17:53 UTC »
as I sit in the Burger King drive through

Never ! Yuck Yuck and Yuck !
I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 12/19/17 18:06 UTC »
Tasty looking dogs Tom

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 12/19/17 18:42 UTC »
Never ! Yuck Yuck and Yuck !

You sound like my wife.
It’s far from the best thing on earth but to get somewhat full for $3 it’s BK or McDonalds. I’m not eating McDonald’s especially since I live so close to one I can look out my dining room window and see the Golden Arches. Summer is the worst you can go in my back yard and smell the bulk dehydrated onions.
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures