Author Topic: Sitting here trying to talk myself out of this fly tying vice  (Read 11650 times)

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
I too, like the Griffin bobbins.  Whip finishers look incredibly complex to a non tyer but I urge you to get a Matarelli, by far the easiest to learn on and so incredibly simple you will wonder what the big fuss was all about.  You can find the chinese or indian knock offs on e-bay for 5 bucks or so
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
Thank you for all the suggestions guys I really appreciate them it gives me something to go off of. I’m not going to rush into buying up a bunch of stuff but I need a few things to get started. I think we are actually going to have winter this year so I need some indoor lure making. There is no sight of being able to pour plastics outdoors in the forecast.
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
I have the rite bobbin and it's pretty nice but I find myself going back to my regular ceramic lines griffins.

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
Austin spent all of a amazon gift card my sister gave him for Christmas on a nymph book and materials today. I may never see this vice again lol I am going to buy tools online when I did go out today  we went to BPS and like so many thing they are expensive and no tool kits unless I buy one with a vice. I am just going to get somethings you guys recommend. Also while we were in the fly shop at Bass Pro this man working there walks up to us and goes do you guys know we have fly tying classes at 6:00 on Wednesdays........ yeah about that.

Offline Bamafan2277

• Yearling
Pannel,

I recently got stuff to start tying and have a basic vise also. I was playing around on ebay last month and came across this tying station and I am in love! I got this and it's super nice to keep all my tools and threads in one spot. The gentleman does great work and custom makes each one when you order! It's well worth the $40!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fly-tying-platform-bench-station-fly-fisherman-gift-fly-tying-tool/152849266341?hash=item239686b6a5:g:oHEAAOSwYIxYA5vV [ Invalid Attachment ]

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
That’s pretty nice looks well worth $40. I may check into it at a later date