Author Topic: New hooks?  (Read 1885 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
New hooks?
« on: 12/23/17 07:18 UTC »
Looking thru the new Netcraft catalog I see a hook in there called the Skipjack that's marketed by Mustad as the 32500bn. Its a sickle type of hook judging by the shape of it. Page 42 of the catalog, near the top. The bend in the hook isn't nearly as acute as in the Nasty or the Matzuo. Sizes are limited....8 thru 2/0. Not as spendy as the Nasty. I might order 25 packs of a couple sizes, 6 and 4, just to see how they play. I really like my Nastys but one never knows what the new can bring.

Has anyone here tried any of these?
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
Re: New hooks?
« Reply #1 on: 12/23/17 07:56 UTC »
Not yet. LOL

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 12/23/17 08:14 UTC »
Oh I want to but I couldn't find a size that isn't back ordered.  Let me know if you find them in stock somewhere Tom.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 12/23/17 08:54 UTC »
Barlows and the Captain don't show them. Guess I'll have to wait. Long winter ahead for doing that. lol
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline jackie53

• Minnow
« Reply #4 on: 12/25/17 08:05 UTC »
Really LIKED Mustad hooks espically their black nickle.Not trying to knock but 10 cents a hook is kinda steap.Trying to order some skipjacks but back ordered.every hook has their place,The Matzou sickles on our trout streams "barbless" is the ticket,Sharp and will take a beating on the rocks and stay sharp.The Lil,nasty's go in our crappie hooks and are deadly on the toothy walleye!!Think the Mustad Skip jack would be a Ned rig,Midwest killer hook.