Author Topic: More Shad Spoon Sizes  (Read 657 times)

Offline Bucho

• Minnow
More Shad Spoon Sizes
« on: 12/24/17 12:34 UTC »
Hi,

I´m a full time commercial Jig crafter from Kiel, Germany. Among my most successfull products are tin versions of the shad spoon. I have bought 3 or 4 specimen of the SJS-3-A mold already for various modulations s.a. polished surface (bare tin vs. coated lead), run-through designs, swivel/seawash setups etc.

Using tin slabs for sea run brown trout and rainbow escapees is unheard of here. Nevertheless, the few customers who "got it" are buying them by the dozen although I charge a healty 5$/piece. Cast, jig or troll- the produce trout and atlantic cod. 

I would very much apreciate both smaller sizes for stocked rainbows and larger sizes for saltwater applications, say 2-3oz. Pretty much like the flutter jig.   

Thanks!

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
Re: More Shad Spoon Sizes
« Reply #1 on: 12/24/17 12:56 UTC »
Welcome Bucho

I can't help you with the mold situation but would sure like to see some pictures of your jigs/spoons fish if you have any.

Merry Christmas.

Offline Bucho

• Minnow
« Reply #2 on: 12/24/17 13:43 UTC »
Thanks,

here`s the most popular color over here, flame red with black top. Works particularly well when they are after invertebrates s.a. rugworm, shrimp or crab.
http://haar-jig.de/xtcommerce/popup_image.php?pID=452&imgID=0

This is a candy fluo-blue mix over (polished mold) tin. An inline design, casted onto thick wire which is later pulled and replaced with a same diameter thin fly tubing inlay. I just burn the ends so they bulp up, no glue needed. They work better on a thin leader, even rotate on the fall like a Zzinger so I feel the need to smoothen the ends and prevent wear. 
http://haar-jig.de/xtcommerce/images/categories/90.JPG

They work both ways, though the "right" way seems bnetter for straight retrieve while the "wrong" way helbs with the rotating fall and rotation in general. Thats the main reason for the swivel btw., better rotation on a hanging stop. The picture is outdated, I use the inlines with sewash crimped on a swivel, too, for this very reason.

Just decided that for larger patterns I will put the swivel on the tail end. That way the lure can be used with a single hook there or alternatively with an assist hook setup above the swivel.

I`ve done a lot of testing with this lure, it catches fish where you least expect it. Just had a substatial follow up order from a guy who claimed several giant trevally on seychelles with the 3/4 cavity tin model. Not sure if he got the species right and actually got GIANT trevally but he was very enthusiastic about them. 

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 12/24/17 14:41 UTC »
Welcome!

If my geography serves me correct Kiel is up the coast a little ways from Brake, Germany wich is the name sake and hometown of my material grandmothers family.
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 12/24/17 15:40 UTC »
Nice stuff there Bucho! And welcome aboard the Do-It forums. Those shell laminates in your other thread are out of sight cool. Thanks for sharing.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 12/24/17 17:36 UTC »
Bucho great looking bait’s alway glade to have new come to the forum. Looking forward to seeing more  bait’s