Author Topic: Denny....  (Read 1390 times)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Denny....
« on: 12/30/17 11:35 UTC »
I've been thinking about Denny a lot lately so this morning I picked up the phone and called him. What music to my ears when I heard him answer his phone. I'll give ya'll a bit of an update.

Many of you have not heard of Denny but he was one of the originals from the Caney Creek era and moved right into this forum when Do-It acquired the Caney business. Denny was one of the first group of us to have a get-together ala Do-It style right there in Denver, Iowa.....flew all the way from Cool, California. Carole and I drove out there to say hi to him a year later.

Denny is a go getter and has his own plastics and bait business where he and his wife Rosemary inject a full line of bass plastics and also make bass jigs and spinner baits, with Rosemary manning the air brush and she is a top-notch artist with it. Check out www.believebaits.com Health issues body slammed my friend about a year and a half ago and after a lot of doctor calls and after hearing him talk today I think he has finally crossed that healing bridge that has him on his way to a full recovery. Everything he said today was positive, not a shred of doubt in any of his comments.

Denny said to say Merry Christmas to all of you guys and to have a great new year. He also mentioned something about getting back in the saddle here in the forums. I'm certainly hoping he comes back. He has a wry sense of humor, but that's just Denny.

Since his major league heart surgery last summer he had to have another stent inserted right after Thanksgiving but he says he hasn't felt this good for a long, long time so hopefully this will spell the end to his health issues. 
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Fishermanbt

• Lunker
Re: Denny....
« Reply #1 on: 12/30/17 11:54 UTC »
Thanks for the update. Good to hear things are going better for him.

Offline DF

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 12/30/17 15:35 UTC »
Not the same around here without him, hope his health keeps improving.

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 12/30/17 16:09 UTC »
We miss you round here Denny it just ain't the same.  Hoping for a speedy recovery
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #4 on: 12/30/17 16:11 UTC »
Sure miss his input around hear. Glade that he is ok and it won’t be long before we see him back.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 12/30/17 17:03 UTC »
Just a heads up for you guys who like sinko's. Try Denny's "Dirty Lamar". It's a winner!

Offline MO QWACK

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 01/07/18 15:47 UTC »
That's awesome Denny is one of the true good guys!

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 01/07/18 16:04 UTC »
That's awesome Denny is one of the true good guys!

That he is Mo. I missed the last meeting and he is one of the guys on here I'd really like to meet.

Offline Buster68

• Kicker
« Reply #8 on: 01/14/18 23:15 UTC »
That's great news, thanks for the update