Author Topic: My ongoing TexMex cooking  (Read 798 times)

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
My ongoing TexMex cooking
« on: 01/01/18 16:16 UTC »
I thought I might share some of my TexMex cooking with you guys. About the the only thing I’m allowed to cook at home is hamburgers and Mexican food. It’s all self taught by trial and error over the last 18 years. True West Texas TexMex I can not claim authentic Mexican like they do in Mexico. That’s alright to eat but I don’t not know how to make it.Today I cooked enchiladas which is one of my two signature dishes. Today I did a batch of cheese and a batch of cheese and carne asada.

Last night I cooked up the meat we used carne asada because my wife got a great deal on a package of it. I added some Country Bob’s seasoning to the meat even thought it had already been marinaded before it was packaged at the store. Normally we used hamburger meat but you can use chicken, venison, fish, goat or whatever you like. If you do just cheese I suggest a blend of cheese normally straight Colby or cheddar gets too greasy. Today we used aserdo and Colby.

Cook whatever meat you choose then fill the tortilla with meat and cheese. I like the Mission fajita size flower tortillas. Roll up and put on pan that has been coated in cooking spray to prevent sticking. Cover with cheese and sauce. The enchilada sauce we used today is a
mix from Aldi, our favorite is a store bought Sprouts house brand but the nearest Sprouts grocery store is 30 minuets away and we were out so today we went with Aldi mix it is our second favorite. Old El Paso has a decent sauce.

Cook in the oven at 350 degrees I don’t have a time to tell you how long to cook them but I cook them until the cheese is bubbly and the ends of the tortillas are a bit crisp.

I will also cook a batch of plain cheese and cook them in a cast iron skillet over a batch of beef fajitas I made. I call those skillet enchiladas. I’ll post how I do fajitas when there is no arctic blast going on. Carne asada in the blue pan, plain cheese in the clear dish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: 01/01/18 16:30 UTC by Paneltruck.lures »
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
Re: My ongoing TexMex cooking
« Reply #1 on: 01/01/18 17:15 UTC »
PTL THAT LOOKS YUMMY

Online brandx112679

• Kicker
« Reply #2 on: 01/01/18 18:00 UTC »

I like the way you cook, Paneltruck. Looks delicious.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 01/01/18 18:10 UTC »
That does look good. Looks like a good sub zero outside warm you up meal!

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 01/01/18 20:31 UTC »
Thank you guys!
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures