Author Topic: Two color Ripper swimbait  (Read 5339 times)

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
Re: Two color Ripper swimbait
« Reply #15 on: 01/14/18 07:46 UTC »
  That is a cool idea and baits look great.
  I noticed that when removing the ripper from the mold and then placing it back in for the next shot it's hard to get the tail back in. Especially on the ES Ripper mold because it's more course. I've learned to rub a little worm oil just on tail end and that will help a lot.

Offline Fishermanbt

• Lunker
« Reply #16 on: 01/14/18 08:10 UTC »
You’re right Lamar. A little worm oil does wonders. I put a dab of oil down in the bottom corner of the ES mold where the info is printed. Take the top half laminates and rub the tail in it, and place it in the mold. Keeps me from getting oil all over the place or using to much. A little goes a long way. I add another drop about every 2-3 pours to keep the cavity oiled.

Offline Fishermanbt

• Lunker
« Reply #17 on: 01/14/18 14:24 UTC »
Here’s an attempt at using some automotive pearl to make a somewhat trout looking pattern. Poured the bait I wanted the middle which is a pearl changing rose red to a rose silver. Then cut the belly and poured the clear glitter. Then cut the back and poured a watermelon glitter.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #18 on: 01/14/18 14:37 UTC »
That looks pretty cool! Man, I wish my garage had heat. I think it will next year at this time. You guys are giving me cabin fever.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #19 on: 01/14/18 15:12 UTC »
Great trout color. Really there is no limit to the fun and different color combos we can come up with.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #20 on: 01/14/18 15:18 UTC »
That looks pretty cool! Man, I wish my garage had heat. I think it will next year at this time. You guys are giving me cabin fever.

No kidding, I got the fever so bad I went to the store the other day and bought a bunch of plaster of paris and have been making two piece molds that last three days.  Keeps me busy and focused on the important stuff lol.
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.