Author Topic: Mini Ripper  (Read 2704 times)

Online Lamar

• Lunker
Re: Mini Ripper
« Reply #15 on: 03/21/18 14:22 UTC »
A 4 cavity cnc mold would be nice to see doing one at a time takes to long.

A twin injector works better on a single cavity. I think that's why they make them this way. If I get a mold I really like I buy multiple molds to speed up the process.

Online Apdriver

• Lunker
« Reply #16 on: 03/21/18 19:08 UTC »
I like the multi-cavity top inject for laminates. After I started injecting some years ago, I learned pretty quick I didn’t want a single cavity of anything. We’re talking swimbait here.

Online Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #17 on: 03/22/18 06:30 UTC »
  I'm with ya on that but this mold is a laying on it side and not top to bottom like it would have to be to do laminates.

Offline chubs

• Keeper
« Reply #18 on: 03/22/18 09:38 UTC »
Same here

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #19 on: 03/22/18 10:14 UTC »
A twin injector does lams nicely. All of the pictures of the ripper baits are done using a twin injector. I've never been a fan of plates and find that splitting a color can be done as easily by hand filling half of a mold if the mold is oriented to a top and bottom. The single cavity of the Ripper cnc molds injects great with the twin and the baits are slick too. The bottom and single cavity in the Essential mold responds well to the twin as well. Having several of the molds can increase productivity, especially when a twin is used.