Author Topic: nedd help to get it to wiggle  (Read 547 times)

Offline jfc32440

• Yearling
nedd help to get it to wiggle
« on: 01/10/18 12:30 UTC »
tried designing my own wiggle bait guys and while i do have soome little movement in the lure its not doing what i intended it to do now excuse the photo its the only one i took strainght from a proto pour and the soft plastic was cleaned and trimmed before testing i tried the first pour with soft plastic should i harden it up or is there something wrong with the design all help appreciated

Offline olsarge

• Kicker
Re: nedd help to get it to wiggle
« Reply #1 on: 01/10/18 13:12 UTC »
I think I might try casting the tail sections in a softer plastic and the body in a harder plastic and see if that helps
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Online Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 01/10/18 13:30 UTC »
If you want it to wiggle, put a boottail on it.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 01/10/18 13:32 UTC »
The thickness were the segments are maybe to thick and restricting movement

Offline jfc32440

• Yearling
« Reply #4 on: 01/10/18 14:15 UTC »
to be honest could be a combination of all 3 but what ill do is make annother master and before i make the mould ill ask ye for your expert opinion ,i think i had beginners luck the first design i made as it slaughters seabass here in ireland but im trying to design something that will wiggle with a weighted hook this is my 2nd attempt as they say practice makes perfect picture to follow soon in a few hours

Online Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 01/10/18 19:08 UTC »
They also say that the 3rd time's a charm.

Offline jfc32440

• Yearling
« Reply #6 on: 01/11/18 11:27 UTC »
hopefully this will do it im open to peoples opinions are help appreciated

Offline olsarge

• Kicker
« Reply #7 on: 01/11/18 13:18 UTC »
I do believe yer gonna get some wiggle out of that one.  Let us know how it does.  If all else fails, don't be afraid to hook it through the head (ala banjo minnow) it is sure to wiggle then.
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline jfc32440

• Yearling
« Reply #8 on: 01/11/18 13:56 UTC »
ive made 2 of these another one slimmer my i find that a lot of lures lose action with weighted hooks this is my attempt at trying to combat this ,i designed another lure thats proven to be excellent for seabass here in ireland im hoping this will be just as good ,problem with me in ireland is that it costs a lot of money for me to import the materials from the usa as i have to pay transport costs as well as custom taxes while i buy everything from do it mods i do have to get materials elsewhere for injection molds like i use vac 50 from make lure so its 3 times the price for me so when a lure doesnt work it costs lol but my original effort ill fish it like a wounded fish so all is not lost but if anyone has info on injection mold materials im all ears thanks for the help also cheers

james

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 01/12/18 18:43 UTC »
I do believe yer gonna get some wiggle out of that one.

I also expect good things from that bait... should be great for both jerking (with weighted hook) and shaking (with jig on the bottom).