Author Topic: Wasted wigglers.  (Read 616 times)

Online MT204

• Kicker
Wasted wigglers.
« on: 01/19/18 21:21 UTC »
Well though it might be interesting to try some of the 3 color shifting Didspade pearls on one of my favorite baits, the wax wiggler.
Not very please. Tried them in real and artificial light.
I lightly "rolled" the black wigglers in my fingers that I had dipped in the the 3 color pearl then dipped them in clear plastic to seal them.
My fingers looked really neat in the sun but I figure the wigglers are just to small to make all the wonders happen.
Will probably take them along and try them heck maybe the fish will like them.
Ya never know till you try.

Offline olsarge

• Kicker
Re: Wasted wigglers.
« Reply #1 on: 01/19/18 21:46 UTC »
I am willing to bet that the fish will bitem,  I dipped a few myself today (just the hilite colors) and was pretty happy with them.  Enough so that I ordered some of the alumidust powders (the shiftable colors are next.
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 01/19/18 22:58 UTC »
Them are unreal the fish won’t be able to let it go by without taking a bite!!!!!

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 01/20/18 05:07 UTC »
Were these in the picture in natural sunlight or in artificial light when the picture was taken? The one thing with the color shifting pearls is that they'll behave different in good old sunlight than they do in inside artificial lighting and incandescent lighting will make they look entirely different from what they do under fluorescent lighting. The small size and round shape of the baits is yet another consideration in that the pearls on a flatter surface work better than on a round, small one and the more surface area the better.

I wouldn't write those baits off that you show as a lost cause or a waste. The color shifting pearls will be working even as they drop down in the water column and what you see in the air will be entirely different from how the fish see them.

Also, keep in mind that your fingers have oil on them naturally and they'll pick up some of the essential color components of the pearl powder....you get the shifting color stuck on you, not on the baits like a brush would allow. 

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 01/20/18 10:30 UTC »
Those look great I just like seeing you guys using the automotive pearls with success. I see color shifting I also understand being your own worst critic.
« Last Edit: 01/20/18 10:32 UTC by Paneltruck.lures »
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures