Author Topic: Worm salt  (Read 243 times)

Offline Milcalcale

• Minnow
Worm salt
« on: 01/22/18 18:08 UTC »
Can someone  tell me what the best worm salt is? I'm having a lot of trouble with my worms changing color because of the salt I'm using.

Online ctom

• Lunker
Re: Worm salt
« Reply #1 on: 01/22/18 18:40 UTC »
Welcome to the Do-It forums Milcalcale!

Lots of people use worm salt while others simply use salts with very fine grains. I've heard of people putting salt in blenders and really turning it to dust, but be it salt or the Do-It HD additive, you'll see some opaquing and maybe even some color changing. Greying is a regular beef. Others will chime in here that use glass bead media for weighting plastic and that stuff is pretty transparent and may not mess with color too much. Personally I don't add anything to plastic to make it sink but there are guys here that do who will help you out.

Again, welcome aboard!

Offline Milcalcale

• Minnow
« Reply #2 on: 01/22/18 18:49 UTC »
Thanks for the tips,might try the blender technique

Offline Bass in the hood

• Kicker
    • Bass in the Hood
« Reply #3 on: 01/22/18 22:06 UTC »
its been my experience in blending salt that it clumps more and doesn't give you clearer baits. I think the glass bead medium will be your best bet but the one I used still changed the color some.

The salt I use is popcorn salt, lately I have been using 50/50 popcorn salt to glass medium its ok. I get the sink rate that I want the only reason I use salt or another sinking additive. I like to fly-line my bait's on light line and the sinking additive helps get the job done.
good luck

Online Paneltruck.lures

• Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 01/22/18 22:11 UTC »
I’m 100% sold on the glass beads I don’t plan on ever switching back to salt.
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures