Author Topic: 3" Ripper  (Read 894 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
3" Ripper
« on: 01/24/18 12:17 UTC »
The new 3" Ripper mold injects perfectly. I used up some junk plastic this morning, injecting pretty fast to try and get the mold to act up and it won't. No flash, no dents. Makes a real nice bait that I'm sure the walleye and smallie guys will jump all over. I'll be doing a pro blue using a thin smoke this afternoon for a couple local walleye guys for this weekend's fishing so hopefully I'll get a report back from them. Hopefully they'll be able to get the boat in the water yet.

This is a Mo's Milk I did using a paste form of pearl. Interesting stuff to say the least. It seems to be solvent based so it mixed right into the raw plastic quickly and completely. The plastic cooked up fine. Its more of a super thick liquid than a paste and was measured up using a coffee stir stick. I know I'll be adding slightly more to the pro blue this afternoon. Its pretty cool stuff but at this point I have no idea what other colors may be available or the cost.

The river behind our house has opened up with the recent warmer weather and I may hang this Ripper on a jig and go cast it a few times to see what the action is like and how slow I can work it and still get the tail moving.   

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
Re: 3" Ripper
« Reply #1 on: 01/24/18 19:04 UTC »
That's what I need to be fishing on those underspins you sent me. Where did you get the pearl paste?

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 01/24/18 19:26 UTC »
I took this Ripper down to the open water and waded thru a couple feet of snow to make a dozen casts on a jig, then hung it on a weighted hook for a half dozen tosses and the tail action used in either way is super. Do-It has done a great job on this bait. I know they had some design issues that slowed up production of the mold but there's nothing in the action that would suggest any issues are still there. Even retrieved very slowly the tail works well. I used it in a river so there was current but not enough to be much of an influence on the action. This 3" Ripper is like the 2 1/2" Thump-It in that they both fill a huge size void. They both have walleye written all over them.

I've got feelers out all over for stuff like the paste and one of them happened to have some for me to sample. I don't even have a color or part number for the stuff. When I get a chance to kibitz with him again I'll try to find some of the contact stuff out so I can dig a bit further into the stuff. I'm not sure but I think its used in high tech paints in the automotive industry. Somehow I got a dollop of the stuff on my hand while I was mixing the plastic and thought I had it wiped off. Sitting here tonight with the light on my hand is silver-blue in a big way where the stuff was. lol I'll let you know when I can get more details on the stuff.

Online Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 01/24/18 21:29 UTC »
Looks good Tom I can see the pop of the blue pearl at the top it looks very nice!
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 01/24/18 22:14 UTC »
I have a question that I'm sure you can answer. With the way these molds are oriented in the mold and being side injection how are the laminates? It has been my experience that molds oriented in this manner don't laminate well or even at all in some cases. Then again, maybe I'm missing something.

Online Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 01/24/18 22:24 UTC »
Hey Tom can you do me a favor and put disclaimer on your slang for some of us less cultured country folk. I read kibitz and thought that’s a Minnesota term for visit or have convention with so I thought hey I’ll try that out on my Tiffany and impress her let her know I picked up on something besides uffda.  She knows and loves all good Norse and Minnesota slang.

So I use kibitz in a sentence. I’m used to her looking at me like I’m stupid but this was new level of that look. I think she thought I was asking her to go eat Turkish food. I had to hang my head in shame
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 01/24/18 23:17 UTC »
Tom is it a allusion that it look big in pic than in person can you take a pic in you hand please.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 01/25/18 04:16 UTC »
Here Mike....keep in mind I have large hands.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 01/27/18 23:02 UTC »
Thanks Tom that’s what I wanted to see