Author Topic: 2.75" Fat Fork  (Read 8549 times)

Offline Do-it Rep

• Lunker
2.75" Fat Fork
« on: 01/24/18 15:19 UTC »
The 2.75” Fat Fork

Many of you have likely caught a glimpse of this bait in one shape or form over the last couple of years.  In fact, a lot of the crappies that were caught in the Midwest Outdoors television show we shot 2 falls ago at Lake Red Rock were caught on one of the prototype versions of this bait.  I know some of you have been anxiously waiting for this one.

Fat bodied and with a forked tail, this bait’s profile gives it the appearance of a bulky minnow/shiner or small shad.  It’s been a great plastic for vertical jigging in brush on a Bat jig and was also dynamite on a darter head and popped under a float last spring when we were doing some testing.

The 4 cavity 2.75” Fat Fork is now available by calling Jordan at 866-984-3648 and will be available on the website for purchase sometime next week.

Item # 95298
4 Cavities
Price $74

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
Re: 2.75" Fat Fork
« Reply #1 on: 01/24/18 16:40 UTC »
That’s a kewl looking lure I may need to add this to the want list.
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 01/24/18 16:43 UTC »
Right on. I've been wanting this one.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #3 on: 01/24/18 18:04 UTC »
Sweet!!!!!!!
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 01/24/18 19:45 UTC »
I felt that exhale all the way up here MIke.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 01/24/18 21:41 UTC »
Hmmm, I think I see a great new dropshot bait.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 01/25/18 10:26 UTC »
I've had a trial mold for a while and this bait is a winner. Walleyes love it. Crappies love it. Northern love it, in spite of being sort of small for targeting them. I've also taken sunfish and perch on this bait. The molds inject wonderfully, just be sure to top off the sprue or as I do and hold some pressure for about 10 seconds.

A twin injector works super on the mold as do the pins for E-coring. The one thing that sets this bait apart from so many is the tooling marks that are in the mold.....they really add some nice texture to the finished baits. I've tried several different eyes on these guys and the 2.5 mm 3-D eye that Do-It sells is primetime when set back just behind the face of the bait.

This one has been a long time in coming but its worth the wait.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 01/25/18 11:19 UTC »
Tom how were you rigging it up? I’m kind of excited about this mold just in a visual sense. Knowing even in prototype form it has been successfull so that makes me want invest in it.
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 01/25/18 11:28 UTC »
Looks like a good bait to use some pearl powders on the back.  Bet it will be a good bait to use under a bobber in the cold water period!

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 01/25/18 11:43 UTC »
This bait fishes super on plain old ballhead jig or the Teardrop head with the wires keepers. I've hung them on jigs from 1/16 with a #1 hook by shallow hooking in the back up to 1/4 ounce heads.

I've also had great luck with a Dubuque rig....a tree way swivel tied to the line then a 15" dropper line tied to the downward eye and a heavier jig/bait or plastic to fish near bottom and another 10 to 15" leader tied on the rear facing eye. A light jig/plastic goes on that. On this line a plain long shanked hook/plastic can be used effectively too. I have done very well on walleyes and sauger having this Fat Fork minnow on both hooks and have literally had two fish come to the boat at once, one on each hook.

One of my favorite presentations of this minnow is a "do nothing" type or "do darned little". The tail moves in current real well and a person can drop a jig with these guys hung on it and let it hit bottom. Then crank up a half a foot and set the rod down with the tip over the gunnel and relax. giving the rod a bump every 20 seconds of so. You'll know immediately when teeth come to visit. Hung on a common ballhead this will cast and retrieve nicely too. On the ballheads, I like the wire keeper in the heads to hold the plastic. I've converted a couple old molds to take the wire keeper after filling the collar areas with JB High Temp Weld putty. Those wires in any head are a real innovation. I haven't had the Diner Shiner or the new Swim Head on the water in earnest yet but I have hung this bait on several sizes of each jig and know that they'll fish on those too. The Walleye head is another that takes well to this bait in small to moderate sizes.

Like the Rippers or Thump-Its or the Essential Paddletails this bait is a super versatile bait. It fishes productively in several ways and is super easy to master in the mold too.
« Last Edit: 01/25/18 11:52 UTC by ctom »
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline billygee

• Kicker
« Reply #10 on: 01/25/18 12:23 UTC »
A twin injector works super on the mold as do the pins for E-coring.

Appears this might be on my spring purchasing list.

Question on the mold as, this a top and bottom design, or side to side ?
Mainly for using the twin injector procedure
Also do you have any Pix's on ones shot with a twin injector ?

billygee

Offline Do-it Rep

• Lunker
« Reply #11 on: 01/25/18 13:04 UTC »
Here is the combo responsible for a quick limit of Fall Red Rock crappies

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #12 on: 01/25/18 13:44 UTC »
From the picture of the mold, this is a top; bottom mold. Good for a belly hand pour, close mold and inject the top.

Offline Do-it Rep

• Lunker
« Reply #13 on: 01/25/18 14:04 UTC »
From the picture of the mold, this is a top; bottom mold. Good for a belly hand pour, close mold and inject the top.

Indeed

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #14 on: 01/25/18 14:27 UTC »

My favorite way to inject this mold.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they