Author Topic: This is.....different  (Read 363 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
This is.....different
« on: 01/28/18 16:26 UTC »
Here are some random jigs done in a green to gold color shifting pearl in a solvent base. These were dipped and hung to dry.

For once I got the best of both worlds showing up on a changeable pearl color. The green is there as is the gold. The picture was taken outside in what was full available light....late day, thins cloud cover. The gold looks like its been plated on these. This solvent-based pearl was applied over standard black gloss powder paint. Just a quick dip and swirl then hang. The solvent dries so fast that there is no such thing as a drip.

This product was meant for spraying but I'm doing all of the spraying in the house and solvent is not happening. I'm leery of using solvent in my good air brush as well. When this is sprayed it will be outside and warmer....and thru my old paasche air brush.

I may try a little of this liquid in some raw plastic just to see what happens and if it incorporates without any issues I'll do a batch of clear using as a top coat to see how it looks over black plastic. Its sure wild on these jigs.

Offline Shaunm81

• Kicker
Re: This is.....different
« Reply #1 on: 01/28/18 16:39 UTC »
Wow those are awesome!  I really like that changeable color stuff.  I have  really been  hooked on that changeable mf motor oil definitely some great stuff. I can't wait to see this on your plastics.   

Online bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 01/28/18 16:58 UTC »
Is this some of the powder you sent to me, Tom?  If so, I can't wait to try it!  Just not sure how I'll go about doing it on a crank, whether I mix it with some transparent base or just brush it on and clear over it.  Any ideas?

Online MT204

• Kicker
« Reply #3 on: 01/28/18 17:01 UTC »
Some of those wigglers I made with the color change powder would go right with them.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 01/28/18 17:05 UTC »
This pearl is a liquid, very, very thin...worse thin than water even. I haven't ventured into getting it in plastic yet nor have I tried brushing it on plastic. The dry rate is as close to instant as a guy can get so brushing is probably not going to cut it but I'll be trying anyway.

And Bass....no this is not the same stuff. But it is amazing.

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Kicker
« Reply #5 on: 01/28/18 17:29 UTC »
Wow those look nice Tom hopefully they will be as attractive to the fish as they are to us.
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 01/28/18 19:15 UTC »
Great jigs PTL

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 01/30/18 09:12 UTC »
Some of those wigglers I made with the color change powder would go right with them.

How did those wrigglers turn out having the color shifting pearl in the plastic?