Author Topic: Shifting color pearls and topcoat  (Read 197 times)

Online Rich

• Yearling
Shifting color pearls and topcoat
« on: 01/31/18 21:47 UTC »
The picture of the swimbait is made with dispade color shifting powders in the plastic and also put on the outside of the bait. But what I wanted to share is the coating put on the bait. Came up with this coating watching a old western called the Wild West.  Artamise Gordon took off a mask he made to disquise himself, so I looked up products for making masks and came up with a product that's called Perma-wet/Bondi flex from THE MONSTER MAKERS out of Ohio. Its ulta-flexible urethane coating, it can be brushed on or sprayed on and is water-reducible 10 to 20%. I brushed it on as I don't have a air-brush. It gives the bait a glossey look. The swimbaits I made are still flexible and even hold in the eyes. When I talked to the company's tech person to see if it would stick to the plastic we use in making baits he said it should. A little pricey and they will not ship it when its cold.  I'm happy with the product so far and a little bit goes along way

Online Paneltruck.lures

• Kicker
Re: Shifting color pearls and topcoat
« Reply #1 on: 01/31/18 22:11 UTC »
The bait looks good I like. The mask idea is interesting that was definitely an outside the box thought.
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 01/31/18 22:50 UTC »
Looks great. Did you just do part for a test or did you cover the whole bait.

Online Rich

• Yearling
« Reply #3 on: 01/31/18 23:13 UTC »
I put the color shifting powder in the plastic first and then brushed the powder on the outside of the bait at the head, and then coated the head of the bait with the perma-wet. The whole bait has color changing but the head of the bait is more powerful.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 02/01/18 04:09 UTC »
That’s what I thought But wasn’t sure