Author Topic: Glass Bead Media: Size & Brand & Pics  (Read 457 times)

Offline Bass_King

• Minnow
Glass Bead Media: Size & Brand & Pics
« on: 02/01/18 20:21 UTC »
Hey guys...I’m new to the site.  I actually found the site when I started looking up HD additive for my senkos.  I found a thread that mentioned using glass bead media instead of salt and it had a few really cool pics.  One guy in the thread mentioned some glass media from Harbor freight.  So...with no other research or recommendations, I ran out and bought some 40-70 grit Harbor Freight glass.  I mixed up my first batch of senkos and didn’t get anything like the picture.  In fact, they were less transparent than with just salt!!  So...I finally decided to do my research and I found that it needs to be actual “beads”.  The Harbor Freight stuff was crushed glass.

My question: What brand and size media have you guys used for this method and do you have some photos of your results?

I really want to make a more translucent senko that still has the same fall rate.

Any tips on glass per plastic ratio, do’s and don’ts and when to add the beads during the process would be much appreciated.

I’ve found a couple of threads on the topic, but they were from 2015 and didn’t answer all of my questions.

Thanks for any help!!

Offline bryanmc57

• Yearling

Offline Bass_King

• Minnow
Re: Glass Bead Media: Size & Brand & Pics
« Reply #2 on: 02/02/18 18:28 UTC »
Thanks for the link. 

Any pics of finished baits with the beads?  Particularly something in watermelon?

Offline Bass_King

• Minnow
« Reply #3 on: 02/13/18 21:11 UTC »
I found this link on eBay for a reasonably priced glass bead media 70-100 grit.  Have any of you used this size?  Do you still get clear”er” baits with this size?  Should I go larger or smaller?

Do any of you have any photos of any finished baits using glass beads?

Thanks again!

~BK

Online Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 02/14/18 06:15 UTC »
Welcome aboard Bass King. I don't make senkos, but I'm sure several others on here will assist.