Author Topic: 1 in Nano Fry  (Read 3173 times)

Offline Shaunm81

• Lunker
1 in Nano Fry
« on: 02/02/18 01:14 UTC »
Anyone use it?Does it work pretty good for Crappie? What is the best way to rig? I've got several thousand round head ,minnow head, and aspirin head jigs I've got made up. Would those work ?Im not real good with rigging soft plastics. Does the laminate plate work pretty good with this one?  Again sorry I am mostly a cat fish kind of guy.  Thanks

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Re: 1 in Nano Fry
« Reply #1 on: 02/02/18 07:02 UTC »
Its a small bait that injects great and has plenty of room for playing around with two colors or tail colors. The mold could be shot using heavy aluminum foil sandwiched between the halves instead of a lam hard plate. I have the mold and carry a mess of the baits crappie fishing in open water, but there are guys who make them for ice fishing as well.

The Nano fished nicely on a round head as long as the hook size is no more than a #8, some #6 hooks might be small enough too. Its a good sunfish, perch and crappie bait.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline billygee

• Kicker
« Reply #2 on: 02/02/18 15:18 UTC »
I've had requests during ice out and during ice fishing season for this bait.

as ctom stated it's a versatile bait can be colored in many ways,

"Great Bait" used mainly for pan fishing in my waters.
  ;)

billygee   

Offline andrewlamberson

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 02/02/18 17:05 UTC »
Super on a drop shot for crappie and bluegill.

I also fish it on tungsten ice jig ...even during the summer.
" You can't buy happiness...But you can buy fishing gear...and that's kind of the same thing"

Offline Shaunm81

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 02/02/18 20:11 UTC »
Okay thank you guys very much.  I see a #6 minnow head a#6 round head and a#6 pony head jig. Would those work?Im from Ohio so usually just fish warm months. Thanks again really appreciate your help. I got the go go grub mold today and really awesome glad I bought it but gosh this hobby is addictive and expensive lol

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 02/02/18 20:48 UTC »
Honestly the Nano will fish better on a #8 hook.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline Shaunm81

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 02/02/18 22:09 UTC »
Okay so ill just use that with the #8 hook.  I was wondering also about the mayday mayfly would that work with jigs?Again so sorry to ask so many questions just trying to decide on if I want to get both or just one not real sure.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #7 on: 02/02/18 22:43 UTC »
Ask away that’s way most of use are here for is to help. Both are great bait’s on jigs.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 02/02/18 22:52 UTC »
I fish the mayfly a lot on a 1/32 oz jig with a #6 or #4 hook.  I fish it mostly for bluegills and crappies but I have caught 11 species of fish with a mayfly on a jig.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 02/03/18 16:36 UTC »
Do like I do Shaunm81, spend more money than you should, buy both molds, then you'll never wonder if you bought the wrong one.

By the way,,,,nice looking jigs on the gallery!

Offline Shaunm81

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 02/04/18 14:38 UTC »
Do like I do Shaunm81, spend more money than you should, buy both molds, then you'll never wonder if you bought the wrong one.

By the way,,,,nice looking jigs on the gallery!
Yep thats just what I did. I went ahead and got both so hopefully can put together a nice Crappie box.  I started things out with just a round head jig mold then the addiction just started growing lol.  Thanks also for the comments on the jigs I  appreciate that ive still got to paint a lot of those and about 3,000 minnow heads and pony heads plus the round heads and now got to get some #6 hooks to make some small ones so im going to be plenty busy.

Offline Shaunm81

• Lunker
« Reply #11 on: 02/04/18 14:46 UTC »
Oh and can you attach eyes to the 1 in nano?what size work best and what ways can you attach or how to attach ? Thanks

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #12 on: 02/04/18 16:36 UTC »
2mm eyes
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline Shaunm81

• Lunker
« Reply #13 on: 02/05/18 15:13 UTC »
Ok thanks ctom. so what do I do super glue to the eyes then dip in clear plastic

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #14 on: 02/05/18 17:29 UTC »
Most eyes come on cards and are self adhesive. If you feel better using the super glue go ahead but you’ll still want to cover dip them. I haven’t worked with the soft eyes or the solvent used to attach them, but I’d still cover dip them. All it takes is a tooth or twig to lift an edge of an eye and it’s history.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they