Author Topic: stinger shad molds  (Read 845 times)

Offline SoManyChoices

• Minnow
stinger shad molds
« on: 02/02/18 18:12 UTC »
So I'm still kind of new to the bait making world.  Is there some big kind of secret I don't know about with the 2' stinger shad mold that southern pro and bobby garland uses?  Ive searched for it everywhere and haven't seen it.

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
Re: stinger shad molds
« Reply #1 on: 02/02/18 18:39 UTC »
I'm gonna guess it's a giant production mold of there design.  Not sure of the exact bait your looking for but I'm sure you can find something close

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 02/02/18 18:58 UTC »
There's plenty of the knock-offs of this bait around, molds that is. Actually the Small Fry series of baits here at Do-It make those Southern Pro and the knock offs look cheap and the Small Frys, all sizes of them, are serious fish catchers.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 02/02/18 19:27 UTC »
DO-IT MOLDS I HAVE THE 2.5 and 3.5 super fry and they both add up to a lot of fish caught threw out the year. Can’t go wrong with any of them.

Offline SoManyChoices

• Minnow
« Reply #4 on: 02/03/18 07:47 UTC »
It's the same bait that southern pro, bobby garland, and a few others use for the 2" baby shad.  I wanna say that there is an outfit that sells them at Walmart too but I don't remember the name.  Friend was asking me if I could make them for him.  So I started lookin for the molds and couldn't find em.  found something close but its not them.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 02/03/18 08:59 UTC »
A 2" version of one like you want will be hard to find. I sent you a link by pm to look at.

Offline fishkrack

• Minnow
« Reply #6 on: 03/13/18 05:13 UTC »
They have that mold at " Jacobs Molds" select Crappie/Panfish Bait molds page 4.  They have 1.5" to 3" in that type. I buy
molds from Do it and Jacobs but Jacobs has the most selection for 1-2" size baits. I have the 1.5" I use to imitate shad
fry in my body of water, they get that size around June/July depending but some years I can find shad 1.5 - 2" year round.
I recommend using all glitter in silver .15 and halo silver .15, for the 2-3" mold use the .40 glitter, do no use the colorant, all
glitter, it makes a hug difference. I rarely use colorant. Add in your glitter before you pour into the injector, they do not shrink
as fast. Very deadly on all species. Use the bait with 1/32 jig head with # 6 or # 8 Matzuo hook on 4 lb. flourcarbon, tandem about 6-8", cast or free line down, that falling action drives any fish nuts. For jigging, use lime green, orange glitter, halo silver in .8, try to mimic baby perch, you can look online for pics of that species. I have caught 5 lb. bass of all species plus the big
crappie 14"+ love them for some reason. I like to go out during a bass tourney on my lake using a jigging rod and out catching
all those tourney guys throwing those over size clunker baits, it is embarrassing. Good luck!!!