Author Topic: In progress shrimp mold.  (Read 1769 times)

Offline BareKnuckleJigs

• Lunker
  • ...the Nut behind the Bolt...
    • https://youtu.be/PrcrGEj5ZwM
Re: In progress shrimp mold.
« Reply #30 on: 02/12/18 23:12 UTC »
Honestly, and openly, I use the 3" Carrot as my Shrimp, just rig it tail-horizontal.   My plastic color and jighead color are both Shrimp, so I'm good to go.  The profile is close enough.

Corp, You can use the 3" Carrot and add a flared Shrimp tail, You'd have a well-enough Shrimp.
Throw in a tail mold, wallah.  It really is that simple if You want to keep it simple...BUT if You want to go iToldYaSo, then the sky's the limit.
.El Gnaw.

"Drizzle Spoon ROCKS!"  Jerry V
"Wash Your Hands"  BKJ
"TaunT-O"  BKJ...2015
"DeJa Vu"  BKJ...2016
".o.v.e.r.p.o.p.u.l.a.t.i .o.n."  Earth
"My Finesse Worms are Better Than Zoom's"  BKJ

.the 800-pound Gorilla Cometh.

Online Coastalwaters

• Yearling
« Reply #31 on: 03/09/18 22:23 UTC »
Mold is on the way and this is some pics they sent.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #32 on: 03/09/18 23:48 UTC »
The videos that I’ve seen of shrimp swimming they look like the leg articulate on the bottom of the shell not out to the side.

Online Coastalwaters

• Yearling
« Reply #33 on: 03/10/18 01:26 UTC »
They do but it's hard to make a mold with long legs under the shrimp.

Online Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #34 on: 03/10/18 07:35 UTC »
I like that mold myself Coastal Waters. I think it will be a succesful bait. I would be interested in buying a coule dozen baits to give them a whirl.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #35 on: 03/10/18 08:00 UTC »
The videos that I’ve seen of shrimp swimming they look like the leg articulate on the bottom of the shell not out to the side.

That would likely be a real expensive mold.

CW....that shrimp looks like a super good start. The see shrimp in pictures and always marvel at the long whispy antennae and feelers they have. I can see taking some mono or other fiber filaments, knotting one end and using a needle to pull the thread or whatever thru the  and lodging the knot inside the plastic then trim the loosened to whatever length you want. I think that would make a very natural shrimp bait. Maybe even pluck the legs off the bait if doing this.

Offline cc1

• Kicker
« Reply #36 on: 03/10/18 08:02 UTC »
I would rip the legs off.  Shrimp fold their legs when moving quickly anyway.  They do gracefully move them under their bodies some when barely moving which can not be replicated in a bait.  The main focus is to be able to fish them to catch multiple fish on one bait. I also think the eyes location and size are a big part of a good shrimp bait.  Eyes are large and tend to look black out of the water but in the water or in a live well with light they really pop. they flash several colors as well as the tail.  This shrimp does look better than the original design and should bring you some luck.  Just for reference on the multiple fish per bait comment. Trout get into feeding modes and move quickly, you have to keep them feeding to keep the school near you.  If you don't they will move on and if you are changing your bait after one or two fish that's all you catch in that school. Structure will hold them their at times but when they are moving in in their mode you have to strike fast. They are also considered a high IQ fish.  Redfish on the other hand not so much.  Good job and good luck guys.   

Online Coastalwaters

• Yearling
« Reply #37 on: 03/25/18 19:33 UTC »
Update pics!

Offline cc1

• Kicker
« Reply #38 on: 03/25/18 19:46 UTC »
nice look there.  Is it really 5 inches like on the website.

Online Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #39 on: 03/25/18 22:04 UTC »
There it is. I like it alot. Completely different appearance with the color you chose.

Online Coastalwaters

• Yearling
« Reply #40 on: 03/26/18 04:54 UTC »
The body is 3", there measuring the whole thing.

Online andrewlamberson

• Lunker
« Reply #41 on: 03/26/18 11:38 UTC »
WOW....that looks good to me!

Since I fly fish for Reds I use flies...but that's nice enough to change my mind!
" You can't buy happiness...But you can buy fishing gear...and that's kind of the same thing"

Online Coastalwaters

• Yearling
« Reply #42 on: 03/26/18 18:41 UTC »
Thanks!