Author Topic: Trip to Florida  (Read 1672 times)

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
Trip to Florida
« on: 02/10/18 18:14 UTC »
http://custombaits.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=3196

Sent these with a buddy that’s on his way to Florida.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Re: Trip to Florida
« Reply #1 on: 02/10/18 18:19 UTC »
We’re staring at an ice storm tonight....in Texas no less.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #2 on: 02/10/18 18:49 UTC »
We had three inches of the white stuff Friday. And the buddy going to Florida from Il got 14” Friday.he left at midnight and he stopped in Valdosta ga for the night. They’ll be on Okeechobee tomorrow till the 20 th.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 02/10/18 19:57 UTC »
Nice looking weaponry there Walleye Wacker!

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #4 on: 02/10/18 20:12 UTC »
Not bad for someone that don’t target bass regularly.

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 02/10/18 21:18 UTC »
Not bad for someone that don’t target bass regularly.

I hear ya WW.  I am the same way.  I am going to have to pick my bass game up this year tho.  I made a half a dozen pop molds during that last really cold spell we had and now I have 10 pounds of buzz frogs.
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #6 on: 02/10/18 21:36 UTC »
Hope the fish hammer them olsarge. Be nice to see pics of your creations.
« Last Edit: 02/10/18 22:15 UTC by WALLEYE WACKER »

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 02/11/18 07:33 UTC »
We had three inches of the white stuff Friday. And the buddy going to Florida from Il got 14” Friday.he left at midnight and he stopped in Valdosta ga for the night. They’ll be on Okeechobee tomorrow till the 20 th.

I just got home last night from Florida. Was there two weeks. Weather in the low 80's the whole time we were there. Man was it nice to feel the sun shine. Home to a wintery mix. The older I get the more I hate this stuff.

Offline Jkwbwca

• Keeper
« Reply #8 on: 02/11/18 10:34 UTC »
I agree Lamar!!  I went to Vegas for the 1st time the first week of Feb.  For them it's a very mild winter, but it hit 70 each day...felt fantastic.  Saw Lake Mead and Hoover Dam.  I can't look at water without wanting to fish it.  The last 2 days here in the Kalamazoo, MI area we've gotten dumped on with snow.  I'm 48, but each year retiring for 3-4 months in the winter down south sounds better and better-really never thought i'd feel that way.  I typically love ice-fishing, but have only been out 3 times...I just want to get the boat out!!!!  I do have a 4x4 Tacoma so I do great in the snow, but my daughter has gotten stuck at the end of the drive multiple times from the snow plow pile...not fun.  Got to stay strong the next month/half or 2!!!

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 02/11/18 12:38 UTC »
I’m with Lamar and the others. I used to love winter I remember walking to middle school in shorts and even as an adult hardly ever wearing a coat outside. Even 4 years ago I’d ride 2 wheels to works as long as it was above 25 and there was no icy roads. Not now! I hate the cold it’s been in the 20’s the last couple of days. No snow for us I might be okay if we had some snow to play in. I think Im finally too old to sled with the kids (maybe) it would be fun to go engage the 4 wheel drive in the snow.

As far as retirement IF I ever get to I still have my heart set on NE Kentucky but a warm part of Texas May win out. Florida is not bad either I could live in the Daytona area just fine.
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #10 on: 02/11/18 14:07 UTC »
The older I get the more I hate this stuff.. I’m with you Lamar. Got more white stuff last night good thing there’s a fishing expo at the end of the month and there was a musky one this weekend. Sure hope I’m healthy enough when I retire that I can enjoy it somewhere warm.

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #11 on: 02/11/18 22:33 UTC »
89 degrees here a year ago today. 23 degrees today

Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures