Author Topic: CNC Mold Machining Available  (Read 933 times)

Offline camcutprecision

• Minnow
CNC Mold Machining Available
« on: 03/01/18 08:12 UTC »
Good morning,
I have started a new CNC machining business specializing in small mold, die components, prototypes and production run components. I was thining making some custom molds for baits might be needed and sure enough, it looks like it is. From hand sketch, we can create a machinable CAD model of the bait, and the mold for customer approval. Once approved, CNC machine the mold, and send out. If any additional info or quote required, please contact camcutprecision@yahoo.ca.
Thanks
Ryan

Offline jfc32440

• Yearling
Re: CNC Mold Machining Available
« Reply #1 on: 03/19/18 06:10 UTC »
hi there just read your message and ive made a few of my own design lures which is grand but ive only a protype mold to make one lure at a time but ive been asked to sell my lures so I must be doing something right but my set up is for small production  not for business im just wondering how much would a 20 cavity spin cast   or a 10 cavity  spin cast mould aluminium mould of say a 6 inch worm for starters cost a rough guess is all im looking at for the moment

Online Cannibul

• Kicker
« Reply #2 on: 03/20/18 08:16 UTC »
Spin Cast molds aren't made of aluminum, they're made of rubber.

The cost of a spin cast mold depends on the diameter of the mold.

If you can fit 20 of your lures on a 12" wheel then expect around $250 or so for a spin cast mold.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 03/20/18 08:48 UTC »
Spin Cast molds aren't made of aluminum, they're made of rubber.

The cost of a spin cast mold depends on the diameter of the mold.

If you can fit 20 of your lures on a 12" wheel then expect around $250 or so for a spin cast mold.

In addition to this information, spin casting equipment is generally used for casting lead or tin or other molten metals. I'm thinking that if your plans are to make plastic baits you'll end up with one heck of a mess.

Online Cannibul

• Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 03/20/18 15:47 UTC »
In addition to this information, spin casting equipment is generally used for casting lead or tin or other molten metals. I'm thinking that if your plans are to make plastic baits you'll end up with one heck of a mess.

Without a doubt.  Large commercial plastics molds are made of aluminum and they're not cheap.  I knew a guy that had a 50 cavity made and it was north of $5k.

Offline Mike J

• Lunker

Online Cannibul

• Kicker
« Reply #6 on: 03/21/18 07:49 UTC »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcxOVPGFqyY&app=desktop

Interesting.  I've never seen that before.  It seems one could inject them in about the same time.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 03/21/18 08:27 UTC »
Well that's different but cost-wise a guy had better have one heck of a market to pay for the plates and the motor. My spincaster had a considerably smaller pour hole and the plates were inside an enclosure. I had the option of aluminum plates or the discs made of silicone and silicone molds were still very costly, aluminum was out of sight expensive.

Online Cannibul

• Kicker
« Reply #8 on: 03/21/18 14:43 UTC »
That's not a traditional spin cast machine.  The pressure to hold the silicone mold parts together is done by air pressure.  The mold sits on one plate and the other comes down on top. 

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 03/21/18 15:27 UTC »
Mine machine used fulcrum clamps to hold the 2 silicone mold halves between the plates. No air whatever was used.