Author Topic: TX 190 gets wet in Wisconsin river at the Dells  (Read 663 times)

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
http://custombaits.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=3222http://custombaits.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=3223http://custombaits.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=3222

37.9 water temp 35 shorts and 2 keepers 3/8 oz slip sinker hook and minnows.
« Last Edit: 03/04/18 01:05 UTC by WALLEYE WACKER »

Online ctom

• Lunker
Re: TX 190 gets wet in Wisconsin river at the Dells
« Reply #1 on: 03/04/18 07:37 UTC »
Looks tranquil out there Mike. How warm did it get?

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 03/04/18 13:43 UTC »
It was 44 in town but felt like 30’s with the wind on the water.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 03/04/18 14:33 UTC »
Its 50 or better here right now, but windy. I painted jigs until 11:30 this morning and then hit the garage to cut pork for grinding/stuffing tomorrow. Pork shoulder has been on sale at $.99/pound again so I dug out the old stuff and bought a mess of new. I have a 25 pound tub of seasoned pork that'll get ground into bratwurst, 12 pounds that will get ground for breakfast sausage and another 5 pounds for Italian sausage. I want to do pepperoni again soon and will need to pick up yet another couple 10 pounders for that then I should be set for a while. Maybe. The brats get stuffed into natural casings 4 to a pound. The other meats will be packed in pound tubes. All of this is fresh sausage, not smoked or cured. I have a new grill that need some grease in it and the brats should step right up to that task, eh.

Glad you got out Mike. I have to wait a while yet as my little piece of heaven out north out town is still locked up.

Online Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 03/04/18 15:07 UTC »
  You know I went to the Dells maybe 20 years ago with my kids. We went mostly to hang out at the Dells but I also brought my boat. It was the only time I have ever been on the Wisconsin River and I smacked the walleyes. I think I only went out three times for a couple of hours each night but was catching four and five a night. And it was a beautiful river.
I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 03/04/18 16:48 UTC »
It’s the earliest I’ve got on the water and the first time I’ve fished at the Dells and it won’t be the last. It’s hard to go to different body’s of water when you catch so many on the waters you live by. But that said it would also be fun to travel and get a taste of what other body’s of water have to offer. I’d like to go to Green Bay for walleye’s and musky. And like to go to the south and catch some reds and trout.

Online Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 03/05/18 06:37 UTC »
It’s the earliest I’ve got on the water and the first time I’ve fished at the Dells and it won’t be the last. It’s hard to go to different body’s of water when you catch so many on the waters you live by. But that said it would also be fun to travel and get a taste of what other body’s of water have to offer. I’d like to go to Green Bay for walleye’s and musky. And like to go to the south and catch some reds and trout.

Seriously if you go to Green Bay fish for smallmouth. There's four and five pounders everywhere. I believe that area has been rated as top in the world several times by Bassmasters. I've been there twice and the quality of the fish was unreal.
I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 03/05/18 08:02 UTC »
Door County at the Sturgeon Bay Light on the lake side has smallies that run 5-6 pounds that can be caught right from shore off the rocks on the outside of the navigation canal walls. On our first trip to Door County maybe 25 years ago I took a rod and some cranks on the off chance I'd get a temp license and make a few casts. I caught smallies until my arm hurt. We've been back there three times since and the trips all have had me right back to that place to cast for these brutish fish.

Offline Shaunm81

• Kicker
« Reply #8 on: 03/05/18 23:28 UTC »
Looks pretty fun but mighty chilly but always nice to get out and throw a few jigs and baits