Author Topic: The Perch is one tuff dude  (Read 1151 times)

Offline MADA

• Keeper
  • To many tools? No way!!
The Perch is one tuff dude
« on: 03/13/18 07:57 UTC »
Look at this guy from last year, the bait is nearly as big as him.
Big bait, big fish huh?

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
Re: The Perch is one tuff dude
« Reply #1 on: 03/13/18 10:39 UTC »
I’m always amazed at how big of bait fish are willing to eat. I had a bass eat a jointed pikey minnow when I was fishing musky again the bait was half as big as the bass.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 03/13/18 21:36 UTC »
I’m always amazed at how big of bait fish are willing to eat. I had a bass eat a jointed pikey minnow when I was fishing musky again the bait was half as big as the bass.

My brother in law has a picture of a blue gill he caught last summer on a swim bait where the blue gill is about 3/16” longer than the bait And top to bottom about a 1/4” bigger. Sounds like me a at pizza buffet though so I sound not speak badly of the hungry gill
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Offline Slow Burn

• Kicker
« Reply #3 on: 03/14/18 10:19 UTC »
So on the coast where the Speckled Trout roam, these trout can take down pray up to 2/3 their body length.  Trophy trout are considered to be 30in +, at least here in Texas, and people occasionally find these monsters dead with a 20in plus mullet or redfish stuck in their mouth they couldnt swallow and they drown. I have also caught small rat reds (about 10in) on a full size 3 hook super spook and hit it like a freight train. Dont under estimate what fish will eat because i am always surprised.

Now i know that this isnt the everyday norm but when they are hungry they are going to eat.