Author Topic: Firetiger kind off..  (Read 903 times)

Offline MADA

• Keeper
  • To many tools? No way!!
Firetiger kind off..
« on: 03/14/18 05:06 UTC »
Took a crack at Firetiger but i cant seem to get the mica to get really "screaming".
But i did find a site in Uk witch sell flourosent yellow,green and some sort of orange so i am going to order som samples of that.
Did try with yellow background witch helped some with the green but did not do much for the yellow and red.
I think i am going to try chatrouse background, should help the green but i have doubts when it comes to the yellow and red.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Re: Firetiger kind off..
« Reply #1 on: 03/14/18 06:00 UTC »
Try making a plain black bait and putting your mica on that. I find that clear and white base colors wash too much of the zip out of the pearls and that over black they are crazy bright.

Offline Slow Burn

• Kicker
« Reply #2 on: 03/14/18 10:22 UTC »
Tom, do you use straight black or can it have some glitter in it?  I tend to turn all of my scrap either pumpkin seed or black depending on the colors i have lying around and as of now i have a large pile of scrap black ready to rock and roll. I was just curious if that would have an effect on the outcome if there was a lot of glitter already in the mix.
Find a spot on the South Shoreline

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 03/14/18 13:11 UTC »
I don't think glitter in the black will hurt any since the pearl will cover it up pretty much. I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 03/15/18 09:53 UTC »
Here's a 2" Essential paddletail done in pseudo perch. The bait is a solid chartreuse and the pearls are Jacquard Pearl-Ex colors....of them. The line is done with a magic marker. I'd use a fine line marker for any further playing with this perch pattern and maybe slash it as Mada has but I'd still do it before the pearls are applied.

These paddletails are fun baits and the texture on the sides makes for a super nice finish regardless of what's applied...or not.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 03/15/18 09:59 UTC »
That a sweet one Tom

Offline MADA

• Keeper
« Reply #6 on: 03/16/18 14:20 UTC »
Jupp thats a cool one Tom.
But i do not like magic markers as they "seep" into the plastic and spreads.
I have one on testing now with Copic marker but i will have to wait and see.
Did reiceive 12 samples of "flip" mica yesterday so i have things to do but so litle time....

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 03/16/18 14:48 UTC »
I think this is the first bait I have used a magic marker on. Had to try but will probably skip it on any others I make up. 

Offline MADA

• Keeper
« Reply #8 on: 05/07/18 08:17 UTC »
I think i now can say that Copic markers will not "seep" into the plastic.
I have had some lying around for allmost three months now and can not see any sign of seeping.
This was used to make the slashes on the Firetiger and dipped afterwards.