Author Topic: Digging the Ned  (Read 872 times)

Online bassinfool

• Lunker
Digging the Ned
« on: 03/26/18 21:26 UTC »
Got my new molds in the mail and have been putting in some work.

Online andrewlamberson

• Lunker
Re: Digging the Ned
« Reply #1 on: 03/26/18 22:25 UTC »
That should last you a few trips!
I'm trying to resist getting that mold...but pics like these are not helping!

Andy

" You can't buy happiness...But you can buy fishing gear...and that's kind of the same thing"

Online Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 03/27/18 06:56 UTC »
  You are digging it. I like that you can make eight at a time.

I like the glass trick  :P

Online bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 03/27/18 10:32 UTC »
I dropped it in there horizontally and it stood straight up. Did it several times in a couple different size bowls and glasses all with the same result. Really cool, can't wait to use it.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 03/27/18 10:57 UTC »
Great colors. Really like the fact that you can pour 8 at a time.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 03/27/18 12:15 UTC »
I've encountered a couple issues injecting my mold but I think I have a handle on it now. Last fall's last shore fishing adventure for walleyes was a success because of a 4" Ring-It and a 2 1/2" Thump-It in the color I've done this Ned bait in. I'm using re-melts for this from those exact colors here.

Walleyes and sauger were happy to play with the purple firetail baits and several smallies joined in on that day's festivities. As a rule I prefer a chartreuse tail color with a purple bait for just about everything I fish but on that day the orange sure made a difference. So here's yet another color option for ya'll.

Online Jkwbwca

• Keeper
« Reply #6 on: 03/27/18 13:20 UTC »
Ctom...nice color...I may need to try that on the Detroit River in a couple weeks.  I'm thinking of getting this mold...what problems did you have and how did you fix them?

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 03/27/18 14:20 UTC »
I'm not really sure what was up but I have it working now. Could have been a clamp placement and could have been my plastic since it was a re-melt.

Online bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 03/27/18 14:50 UTC »
I had a few of my first ones dent. Shot cooler, slower and topped off several times and solved my issues.

Online Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 03/27/18 15:12 UTC »
I had a few of my first ones dent. Shot cooler, slower and topped off several times and solved my issues.

Yea I found out you need to top it off several times. Its sucks that plastic out of the spur pretty good.

Online andrewlamberson

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 03/27/18 15:16 UTC »
I just can't stand the pressure anymore.....I'm going to order this mold!

Let's see... Just  this year....
Mini Ripper: Ordered (love it)
2.75" Fat Fork: Got it, shoot it in black and use the color change Jacquard Pearl-Ex. Wow 4X !
ES Paddletails...darn near have all the sizes
Ned Rig lead mold: of course

I really think I need to go and get some help! But first I have to admit I have a problem.....and that's NOT going to happen!!!
" You can't buy happiness...But you can buy fishing gear...and that's kind of the same thing"

Online Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #11 on: 03/27/18 15:23 UTC »
Andrew, your forgetting all the other molds you bought like from Baitmold etc.!!

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #12 on: 03/27/18 15:27 UTC »
Settle down Andy. This is a natural phenomenon that comes from getting older and living near water with actual fish in it. And having all this stuff keeps you out of the bars at night....so look at the savings in that. Remember, I know Winona and how many bars and taverns there are there. lol That mold is cheap compared to what you could be spending if you were socializing with those kids you teach. lol You're doing fine...maybe even too fine based on some of what you say you do.

Online Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #13 on: 03/28/18 15:19 UTC »
  You could always ask the bars if you could use their microwaves while you were there. There's no reason one should have to stop drinking.