Author Topic: Firetiger with polyester powder  (Read 551 times)

Offline MADA

• Keeper
  • To many tools? No way!!
Firetiger with polyester powder
« on: 03/30/18 10:41 UTC »
I did order something i thougth was mica dust but it turned out to be plain polyester powder.
I did not read what it said.
Anyhow i had to test it out, it is matt and not shiny but at least it is brigth in colour.
It is brigther than on the picture.
I am trying to recreate some wobblers i bougth from LPO many years ago, Firetiger and Parrot if memory serves me right.

Online Muskygary

• Lunker
Re: Firetiger with polyester powder
« Reply #1 on: 03/30/18 11:20 UTC »
Those do look good, maybe add a little chartruse on the belly? Would make a good bait for walleye.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 03/30/18 12:18 UTC »
The fire tiger is sharp looking. Now do some green on a back and the hot pink below and you'll darned near have the parrot. Maybe do a spot of blue right where the eyes are.

Nice stuff Mada! The paddletails are a great bait for dressing up. I have some solid colors of pearl that I need to play with and plan to use the paddletails. That parrot would be a good one to do...thanks for the reminder that its a combination I don't do often enough.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 03/30/18 18:09 UTC »
Nice and bright!!! 8)

Online Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 03/30/18 21:09 UTC »
Those look pretty cool MADA. I've never heard of polyester powder.

Offline MADA

• Keeper
  • To many tools? No way!!
« Reply #5 on: 03/31/18 04:29 UTC »
Thanks
Me neither Lines, it is something they use in makeup.
But i am going to check if my powder paint is working the same way, if memory serves me right it is made up of polyester too.
But that is gloss thougth.
I think i am gonna set of some few minutes ( one minute equals one hour i guess) messing around with the plastic today.
Still hardcore winter here and my atempt at trying to hate the snow away does nothing good so i can just as well go down in the basement and hibernate again.

Online Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 03/31/18 08:50 UTC »
Funny...Hibernate! Winter is finally starting to let go here. We're going trout fishing in the city park today. Urban trout release program. It's fun, and much, much better than no fishing.