Author Topic: Gotta love spring weather  (Read 2386 times)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Gotta love spring weather
« on: 04/14/18 08:11 UTC »
Or not.

This big spring storm that's plaguing the upper Midwest is making a mess. I'm sure we have about an inch of ice on everything this morning. We haven't seen the snow yet but further north into the state the snow totals could be as high as into the +20" range. That east west band of heavy stuff could reach well into Wisconsin. Lots of moisture getting pumped into this storm. So much for the brown I was just getting re-acquainted with. We had a lot of flowers starting to push out of the ground early on Thursday. Friday many were 3 to 4 inches tall. Now ice. And more crud on the way.

Be careful driving out there. The roads are not in good shape in a lot of areas here in MN, IA, and WI.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
Re: Gotta love spring weather
« Reply #1 on: 04/14/18 08:33 UTC »
Today the winds are forecasted to be 15 to 25 which makes it the calmest day we have had all week.  Unfortunately the temps are supposed to drop throughout the day (our overnight low will be our high) and ice and snow is ready to come pay us another visit.  It never ends
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 04/14/18 10:37 UTC »
We had more sleet and freezing rain this morning after I posted first time. Right now we have SNOW mixing in with sleet and rain. I'm hoping the temps stay at a point where the snow doesn't happen big time. Carole and I drove to the mall for our morning walk and didn't have any driving issues going or coming home and the city has been good at scratching the crap off the streets and keeping the streets treated with de-icer.  I'm betting tht rural secondary roads in this area are a treat though.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #3 on: 04/14/18 11:19 UTC »
We had rain and hail yesterday. Rain and wind all morning but it going to be ice. Then snow midnight thru Monday noon.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 04/15/18 10:06 UTC »
I have never see this many days of strong wind in row. I am used to it being windy but never 2 weeks worth of strong winds. It’s cold on top of that very cold, we had the heat pump on emergency heat last night. I am over winter I can only imagine what you guys up north are going through mentally.
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 04/15/18 10:35 UTC »
Aaron....are you in the tornado area of late?

On our sidewalks and driveway there's about 1 1/2" of ice. Not clear ice but ice none the less. Not a lot of snow at this point on top of the ice, maybe two inches. The berm in the drive approach has a two foot high wall of ice now. The plows laid this wet slop in there yesterday just when the temps took a dive.

I was out and blew the loose snow off the ice but when I got to the drive approach the old lungs locked up and it was all I could do to get the blower to the garage. Darned near thought it was ambulance time. Lung disease, cold air, wind and work are not good company and this was the worst episode I have had.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #6 on: 04/15/18 10:44 UTC »
Tom isn’t there a kid you could pay to do that. Be careful !!!

Offline MT204

• Kicker
« Reply #7 on: 04/15/18 11:59 UTC »
And over in NW Montana we had our first day of the year where the temp went over 50 degrees.
Still a few lakes some are ice fishing on, and still a foot of snow in the yard!

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 04/16/18 10:17 UTC »
Had about another 6" from yesterday and things went better today.

WW...."Tom isn’t there a kid you could pay to do that?". I've long been an advocate of using jail birds for this stuff. Put high voltage shock collars on the fools and hand them a shovel They get two hours of shoveling, a ten minute break, two more hours of shoveling and a half hour break with a peanut butter sandwich at noon, then the same schedule for the afternoon. Those that slack off....zippideedooda. Those that decide to walk off, guess what. Slackers are given an extra day of sentence and those who refuse to "offer" their services to this get a week per day of refusal added to their time and zero use of the weight machines or other exercise equipment and must watch Oprah re-runs for the 9 hours they'd normally be out there being productive. Come summer, there's plenty of folks who could use their lawns mowed, same procedures.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #9 on: 04/16/18 11:46 UTC »
Got more this morning about a inch. There were two Robbins on the drive all puffed up and looking mighty mad.

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 04/16/18 11:56 UTC »
I woke up Sunday morning and found...............noth ing.  The forecasted snow didn't happen still, a high of 35 aith 25 mph winds made it uncomfortable but greatful that the white stuff did not happen.  Today, a bit better with a high of 40 and gusty winds but the rest of the week high 50;s. Fish on!
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline billygee

• Kicker
« Reply #11 on: 04/16/18 12:45 UTC »
So far report here is 21" of that Spring White Stuff on the ground
and a light fall out happening now
roads are still a mess
Drive with care everyone

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #12 on: 04/17/18 07:47 UTC »
No tornadoes close by.........yet

I hate spring and the tornado 5 years ago when the schools got hit with kids in them still has me shook. That was a bad deal and it missed my wife and kids by about 4 blocks. One of my coworkers daughter was in the school where kids got killed. Needless to say I hate the month of May especially if I can get of state with the family in the month of May I do it. That is when the bad ones normally happen
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #13 on: 04/17/18 08:00 UTC »
No tornadoes close by.........yet

I hate spring and the tornado 5 years ago when the schools got hit with kids in them still has me shook. That was a bad deal and it missed my wife and kids by about 4 blocks. One of my coworkers daughter was in the school where kids got killed. Needless to say I hate the month of May especially if I can get of state with the family in the month of May I do it. That is when the bad ones normally happen

Try living in Alabama!  Where there are no seasons and you can have sleet, tornadoes and sweltering heat all in the same week.  No month is safe from the threat of tornadoes here either. 

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #14 on: 04/17/18 18:41 UTC »
I’d take snow over a tornado any day I don’t know how people come back time and time again after losing everything it amazes me.