Author Topic: Triple injector question  (Read 555 times)

Offline Tthiele9

• Minnow
Triple injector question
« on: 04/14/18 15:20 UTC »
I have a question regarding the triple injector, every time I shoot the mold one side of the bait looks like it's supposed to but the other side all the colors appear to blend together.  Any tips or advice to correct this. I appreciate it.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Re: Triple injector question
« Reply #1 on: 04/14/18 15:45 UTC »
Welcome to the Do-It forums.

I've never done a triple injector system . That's way beyond my pay grade. I do think that molds create limitations for those though. A mold would likely have to be a single cavity or a two cavity mold with the baits directly opposing each  other off the runner. I also think the mold would have to be formatted to make a top, or back on one side and the belly, or bottom, on the other side. I may be wrong but this makes sense to me.

I haven't seen much in the line of posting about a three color injector here but I know they exist. Maybe others who know more about them will chime in for you.

Offline Tthiele9

• Minnow
« Reply #2 on: 04/14/18 16:02 UTC »
Thank you for the welcome obviously I'm a first time poster but a long time stalker of this forum. I appreciate the response. I'll have to try it on a single cavity one to see if that may be the issue. However the mixing of colors is getting me a fancy camo color so that's a plus. Thanks again an tight lines

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 04/14/18 16:50 UTC »
Welcome to the forum. I only dual inject but I know that the blending issue comes when one of the colors is cooler than another. I can only imagine how hard it is to keep three colors the same temp.

Offline Tthiele9

• Minnow
« Reply #4 on: 04/14/18 16:57 UTC »
I haven't had an issue with colors blending when I duel inject, but keeping all three at roughly the same temp is a pain.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 04/14/18 16:59 UTC »
I haven't had an issue with colors blending when I duel inject, but keeping all three at roughly the same temp is a pain.

I can only imagine. lol I'm too old for that stuff.

Online Bass in the hood

• Kicker
    • Bass in the Hood
« Reply #6 on: 04/14/18 17:17 UTC »
I have the same issue with the triple injector. one side is perfect and the other side is blurred but its still a good looking bait.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 04/14/18 19:57 UTC »
 I'm so old school I didn't even know they made a triple injector. So no help here but Welcome to the Forum.

Online Bass in the hood

• Kicker
    • Bass in the Hood
« Reply #8 on: 04/15/18 15:32 UTC »
I like the baits that the triple injector produces but one side of the baits is often blurred and the other side is a perfect triple laminate. I have not used the triple injector in a long time. it is  difficult and time consuming to mange three cups.  And the bass don't seem to care if it is a laminate or not. I don't catch more bass with the triple shot but they do look nice

« Last Edit: 04/15/18 16:11 UTC by Bass in the hood »

Offline Tthiele9

• Minnow
« Reply #9 on: 04/15/18 21:04 UTC »
What temps are you shooting at? I agree it is a pain to manage three different colors.  The reason I got the triple injector is to make some drop shot worms in the bold bluegill color and a handful of other colors out of the robo Worm line. I find the hobby quite addictive an I have been doing it for a few years now.  Just decided to make my own in the colors I buy the most, that way I'll only be waiting on me to deliver instead of the postal people's.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 04/15/18 21:14 UTC »
Have you tried hand pouring a different color in each half of the mold, not quite filling the cavity on each side then injecting you middle color? I did some Robo's that way and they turned out super. Actually I make most of my laminates in this fashion but they're generally just two colors.

Online Bass in the hood

• Kicker
    • Bass in the Hood
« Reply #11 on: 04/15/18 22:44 UTC »
What temps are you shooting at? I agree it is a pain to manage three different colors.  The reason I got the triple injector is to make some drop shot worms in the bold bluegill color and a handful of other colors out of the robo Worm line. I find the hobby quite addictive an I have been doing it for a few years now.  Just decided to make my own in the colors I buy the most, that way I'll only be waiting on me to deliver instead of the postal people's.
I shoot around 315-330 I like Aarons Magic and baby bluegill thats why I wanted to do three colors I also like doing the end colors the same and a different color in the center. I have also done two of the same color on the same side and a different color at the end doing a 2/3rd 1/3rd color. I do some hand pots and injection combos.

Offline Tthiele9

• Minnow
« Reply #12 on: 04/16/18 07:26 UTC »
Bass that is a great looking bait, thanks for the reply and the input. that is the same temps I've been shooting as well maybe its an uneven pressure issue, i
 will just have to tinker around with it. Ctom that is also a great idea I never thought of that, i'll be sure to give that a go, you may have just saved the day and in the same hand questioned a spendy purchase...thanks... But in all honesty i really do appreciate all the advice gentleman.