Author Topic: Gotta Love Spring  (Read 424 times)

Online Kyle

• Administrator
  • Kicker
Gotta Love Spring
« on: 04/27/18 14:07 UTC »
It sure took it's sweet time but Spring finally sprang here in Iowa and even though things are as brown as the first week of March, the internal clocks of walleyes and turkeys haven't missed a beat.  Gotta love this time of year no matter what part of the world you are from.  Do we have any other turkey hunters in the flock?

Online ctom

• Lunker
Re: Gotta Love Spring
« Reply #1 on: 04/27/18 16:51 UTC »
Looks like we have one less hunter in the field. Did you do this deed? Nice bird.

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 04/27/18 18:51 UTC »
I have talked about turkey hunting but just never done it. My land in Western Oklahoma produces some nice birds but I leave them for my brother in law to go get. I’m not a fan of turkey even butterball from store makes me turn my nose.
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 04/28/18 01:55 UTC »
Both are a sweet deal Kyle. Are the birds still bunched up like they are here?

Online Kyle

• Administrator
  • Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 04/30/18 08:18 UTC »
Looks like we have one less hunter in the field. Did you do this deed? Nice bird.

I shot him on opening day of 3rd season Wednesday morning.  Shot, took photos, cleaned him, washed up and changed clothes and was at the office all before 8 a.m.

Both are a sweet deal Kyle. Are the birds still bunched up like they are here?

They were bunched up as of early last week but later last week and into this weekend they really split up.  Starting to see pairs out on some of the satellite farms adjacent to their wintering areas.  We took a few youth out this weekend and had a successful weekend.  Perfect weather weekend.  We are supposed to get some moisture this week that should really green things up around here.