Author Topic: Tullibee  (Read 2478 times)

Offline Do-it Rep

• Lunker
Tullibee
« on: 02/26/18 11:16 UTC »
I'll let the fish be the judge but I have a hunch there there will be walleyes lining up to take swipes at these Tullibee combos this spring/summer. 

Just wanted to share the quick and easy process I used to make these 2-toners: 

Shot the Ripper with UV Blast, Pearl Powder, and Silver Flake.  Then I took Component Systems Black worm dip and brushed it along the back of the Ripper.  I then took a brush with blue highlight powder and brushed it on top of the black worm dip and let it dry. 

That easy.   Looking forward to getting these wet this spring and will hopefully have a report on how they perform.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Re: Tullibee
« Reply #1 on: 02/26/18 11:33 UTC »
Now you're smoking those tullies aren't you Kyle? Super good eating smoked. I sure wish I could find someone to bring me a dozen from Mille Lacs some winter.

Those rippers are nice too and a very close color match.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 02/26/18 12:28 UTC »
  Very nice. Question. Will the back bleed onto other baits ?

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 02/26/18 14:16 UTC »

Bleeding/transfer would also be my concern... package up a dozen or so real tight and ship them up here so I can observe them.

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 02/26/18 21:47 UTC »
Good thinking there Kyle. Those look great.

Offline smalljaw

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 02/27/18 00:41 UTC »
That is a spot on match!!!!!! Impressive to say the least!!

Offline Do-it Rep

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 02/27/18 08:41 UTC »
Now you're smoking those tullies aren't you Kyle? Super good eating smoked. I sure wish I could find someone to bring me a dozen from Mille Lacs some winter.

Those rippers are nice too and a very close color match.

Someday when I'm old and wise I'll pick up meat smoking.  For now, I have trouble staying in one spot long enough to ever make it happen.  That being said, and it may be because I haven't eaten yet this morning, but smoked Tullibee sounds pretty amazing and if it's half as good as the other smoked fish that I've tried from your smoker, then I'll be sure to bring give them a ride home next time.

In my personal experience I haven't had any bleeding issues but I've rarely stored plastics for the long term that would be needed to notice.  The white swimbaits that I dipped to make chartreuse tails never bled on me in the box they were stored in. The folks over at Component Systems will tell you, that the product is really intended for on the go use and they haven't done any research on when the migration of the dye stops or it's transfer. 

Good thinking there Kyle. Those look great.

Thanks Mike!

That is a spot on match!!!!!! Impressive to say the least!!

Thanks smalljaw!

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 02/27/18 10:13 UTC »
Just to make sure I understand. You brushed on the black paint and while it was still wet yo u added in the high light powder, so the paint acted as a adheasion? Was wondering what would keep the high light powder from coming off. Those are super looking baits!

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #8 on: 02/27/18 12:44 UTC »
Sweet looking bait Kyle
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Shaunm81

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 02/27/18 19:49 UTC »
Looks pretty awesome Kyle that should slam some nice fish.